Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (
-   Children (
-   -   Adding father name to child birth certificate (

  • May 19, 2008, 07:32 AM
    Adding father name to child birth certificate
    I want to add my son's father name to his birth certificate. And I also want to add on father's last name to my son. When already had an DNA test done and it was determine that he was the father. How do I go about doing this?
  • May 21, 2008, 01:27 PM
    Both of your have to go down to department where you get a birh cetifate and take the test results, just in case, and add his name. I not sure what state your in but you can call any hospital in your area and they should be able to tell you where to go. Also a fee is involved in NY its $300. How old is the child because here they give you a grace period without charge after the child is born, but call the hospital.
  • May 21, 2008, 01:47 PM
    You did not say where you are at, the procedures may very, first check with the state department that issues the birth certificate, in some states you will have to go to family court and get the judge to order the change
  • Mar 23, 2012, 10:43 AM
    I am 25 and was wanting to add my father to my birth certificate there was never any paternity but I know he is my dad can I do it with out Paternity?

  • All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:49 AM.