Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Cats (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=418)
-   -   My 2 Month old kitten (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=39274)

• Oct 26, 2006, 04:20 PM
    Danielle1234
    My 2 Month old kitten
    I bought my kitten from a pet store last week, and I'm not sure her history before the pet store. Last week I noticed my kitten had a watery eye, but it didn't seem to bother her, but I took her to the vet instead, just to make sure. The vet gave me an ointment to put in her eye twice a day for 5 days called Tetracycline Hydrochloride. So I did that and her eye looked a lot better until last night. She was sleeping with me when I woke up and she had vomited in my bed, and her eye was all swollen and a little bit of goopy stuff was coming out, and her third eye lid was visible but not really bad. I cleaned that up and went back to sleep, and today it looks a little better but its still swollen, and I decided to try the ointment again today and when I did her third eyelid became visible again, but then went away, but again its still swollen. Also, she woke up and her eye wouldn't open once today so I opened it with my fingers, and after I opened it, it looked fine again. But I just don't know why it would be so swollen after she vomited. I hope she doesn't have the herpes virus in her eye. Please help:confused:
  • Oct 26, 2006, 04:35 PM
    tre_cani
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Danielle1234
    I bought my kitten from a pet store last week, and im not sure her history before the pet store. Last week i noticed my kitten had a watery eye, but it didnt seem to bother her, but i took her to the vet instead, just to make sure. The vet gave me an ointment to put in her eye twice a day for 5 days called Tetracycline Hydrochloride. So i did that and her eye looked alot better untill last night. She was sleeping with me when i woke up and she had vomited in my bed, and her eye was all swollen and a little bit of goopy stuff was comming out, and her third eye lid was visable but not really bad. I cleaned that up and went back to sleep, and today it looks a little better but its still swollen, and i decided to try the ointment again today and when i did her third eyelid became visable again, but then went away, but again its still swollen. Also, she woke up and her eye wouldnt open once today so i opened it with my fingers, and after i opened it, it looked fine again. But i just dont know why it would be so swollen after she vomited. I hope she doesnt have the herpes virus in her eye. Please help:confused:

It sounds as though your kitten does have ocular herpes virus.
    Though I'm no expert on such things, I have seen kittens with the virus and it looks positively yucky (scientific term;) ).

I am not certain if vomiting is a symptom of feline herpes virus, but I seem to recall that the kittens were dehydrated (I assume, due to vomiting?).

I would take her back to the vet.