Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fgutierrez Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2010, 09:12 AM
    My 92 honda accord turns off while driving?
    My 92 Honda Accord turns off while I stop at a red light or when I slow down, driving less than 5 miles per hour. I just had the engine rebuilt. What can be the problem? Thanks!
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2010, 09:23 AM

. Replace the Ignition Control Module (ICM) and coil:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post265896

. Replace the spark plugs (NGK only), if they have not been changed in the last 3 years.

. Adjust the idle speed to 700 rpm.
    fgutierrez Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2010, 09:41 AM
    Hi,

Thank you for your response. Is this something that I can do myself. I don't have a clue where this part is however I'm short on cash so I also wanted to know how much it would cost to have the part replaced? Again thanks for your help.

TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2010, 11:15 AM

Read the link and see if you feel comfortable doing the work yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1999 Honda Accord won't start but turns over [ 3 Answers ]

Have a 1999 Honda Accord that will sometimes not start. When this happens the car turns over almost indefinitely but will not fire. Had the fuel filter and fuel pump replaced (which they now say WAS bad... but not the problem) and after they did, it worked for a couple weeks then started doing it...

97 Honda Accord - Shuts off while driving [ 1 Answers ]

My 97 honda accord will sporatically shut off while driving and it has trouble starting as well. I recently replaced the battery (last fall). Some days, it will die a few times, others it will run just fine, I haven't found any pattern in what could be causing it. I took it to a mechanic today...

1998 Honda Accord turns but dies down [ 1 Answers ]

I'm having problems with my 1998 Honda Accord. Lately during hot days it would have trouble starting and the shifter would not get out of the park position. The car would start fine one day and would have trouble starting the next. A few days ago the car would turn over but would die down within...

98 accord EX shuts off then turns back on while driving. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 98 Accord which has been shutting off and then turning back on while driving all by itself. I mainly notice the problem because I usually drive with the radio on and then all the gauges go down to the rest position, the radio shuts off, all of this only for about a second or less, then...

90 honda accord won't start but turns over . [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced the fuel pump,ecu,distributor,main fuel relay unless he did not change it but it will not start I have check to see if the fuel pump was getting power and it is and the fuel rail has fuel and pressure but no start so I checked the fuel injectors to see if it was getting any power so I...

View more questions Search