Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Body Art (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Cartilage piercing (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=155342)

• Nov 25, 2007, 04:07 PM
    ChihuahuaMomma
    Good thing that she didn't get mad at you...
  • Nov 25, 2007, 05:15 PM
    Not So Innocent
    Nope she didn't
  • Nov 25, 2007, 05:18 PM
    ChihuahuaMomma
    Hm... glad she was concerned about your health.
  • Nov 25, 2007, 06:31 PM
    nauticalstar420
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Clough
    nauticalstar420 really does know her stuff about these kinds of things! I am glad that she is on this site! She is one of those people who help to make this site the best one on the Internet to find answers! :)

Thank you Clough! You are always so nice! :)

Not So Innocent - I'm glad your mom knows now. Hiding things from your parents usually doesn't turn out well. Good luck with your piercing and I hope it turns out okay. :)
  • Nov 26, 2007, 05:50 AM
    Not So Innocent
    Thanks.. I have been cleaning it like you said and it works since its still new is hurts a lot and I never know if its really clean so I just trust my instinces
  • Nov 26, 2007, 02:19 PM
    cheeree325
    You definitely need to listen to the piercer. You can actually irritate the tissue if you clean too often. You can also dry it out. Try not to sleep on that side if you are a side sleeper. I was a piercer in a tattoo shop and the best way to clean it would be with sea salt and warm water. Just a pinch of sea salt in a cup of warm water. Put your ear in the cup and kind of tilt your head. The sea salt has a natural drawing agent that will pull all of that junk out of your ear. Just remember not to touch your piercing unless you have washed you hands. Also, don't twist it if you get buildup around it. You can damage tissue. Remember, cartilage piercers take a lonnnng time to heal. Good Luck!
  • Nov 26, 2007, 03:38 PM
    nauticalstar420
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Not So Innocent
    thanks.. i have been cleaning it like u said and it works since its still new is hurts alot and i never know if its realy clean so i just trust my instinces

If you clean it with antibacterial soap, its clean. You don't have to worry about if its clean or not. :)

Like the person before me said, don't twist the jewelry when the "crusties" are dry; wait until they are wet and preferably removed.. THEN twist the jewelry. Good luck and let me know if you have any more concerns. :)
  • Nov 26, 2007, 06:34 PM
    Not So Innocent
    I do have another concern.. I know I'm not supposed to twist it and I don't unless its wet... like after I wash it I twist it once or twice then leave it alone..

If I get bumbed or something hits me and my ear hurts what do I do to stop the pain? Is there anything I can do.
  • Nov 26, 2007, 11:21 PM
    nauticalstar420
    Take some ibuprofen. This will take away any pain and/or swelling that may occur if you bump it.
  • Nov 27, 2007, 08:09 AM
    cheeree325
    Or you can hold some ice on it. I have a cartilage piercing that is still healing and I have had it for quite awhile. But, you should never twist it. Clean it however you prefer and then wipe the gunk away with a sterile cue-tip.
  • Jan 6, 2008, 09:30 PM
    jfowx22
    I just got mine yesterday and they said turn it 2x a day and clean at least twice so you can clean it whenever
  • Jan 6, 2008, 09:32 PM
    jfowx22
    But don't over do it & I heard sea salt helps it heal
  • Jan 18, 2009, 08:12 PM
    tressa1984

Hi all I got my cartilage done back in the end of oct and it did'nt hurt but now its like red and really sore and fever to it their were some lumps so I took them out and just a coulpe of week I put them back in it was like butter no pain is this good