Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (
-   Banking (
-   -   Savings account frozen through child support office (

  • Jul 7, 2017, 02:35 PM
    Savings account frozen through child support office
    My savings account was frozen with a lien from the Attorney General child support office. My sons name is on my account but it's my account not his. They have frozen my money in that account.
  • Jul 7, 2017, 04:48 PM
    His name was on the account... legally they can do it. Any account with his name he has access to and legally he is co-owner of.

    You have to prove that he made no contributions to it to their satisfaction. Then MAYBE they will release it. But that will take time.
  • Jul 7, 2017, 05:18 PM
    They can remove the lien once you negotiate some kind of terms for repayment, of your child support obligations. I would call them and set upan appointment. Doing nothing gains you nothing, and the account remains frozen and unusable.

  • All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:39 AM.