Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Appliances (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Refrigerator water line leak (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=42816)

• Nov 12, 2006, 04:53 PM
    jkovacs
    Refrigerator water line leak
    I have a GE Profile refrigerator model TFH30PR that developed a leak. The water line within the refrigerator that leads to the water dispenser developed a crack at the very beginning where it was connected to the inlet line I presume after a dual solenoid valve. I cut the cracked tubing off and reinserted it, and it is held in place by a plastic sleeve that seems to function like a compression sleeve. The piece I cut off looks like it has a very small ridge, and I’m worried that the ridge kept the plastic tubing from slipping out. It is not leaking now. Is this something I should be worried about? If so what would I need to do? Thank you for any advice you can provide.
  • Aug 9, 2007, 07:58 AM
    hcb35
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jkovacs
    I have a GE Profile refrigerator model TFH30PR that developed a leak. The water line within the refrigerator that leads to the water dispenser developed a crack at the very beginning where it was connected to the inlet line I presume after a dual solenoid valve. I cut the cracked tubing off and reinserted it, and it is held in place by a plastic sleeve that seems to function like a compression sleeve. The piece I cut off looks like it has a very small ridge, and I’m worried that the ridge kept the plastic tubing from slipping out. It is not leaking now. Is this something I should be worried about? If so what would I need to do? Thank you for any advice you can provide.

This is my EXACT problem. This line runs OUTSIDE the rear of the unit. The TOP plastic piece is a slip fit molded plastic (nylon) fitting. The bottom end of the plastic hose-pipe is heat formed into a gentle curve that is screwed into the inside threaded port of the blue valve.

Is this a replacement parts KIT, or is it something that a service technician must be called to provide on site service to fix?
  • Aug 9, 2007, 03:59 PM
    esquire1
    jkovacs, If you have the compression ring on it and it's not leaking you should have nothing to worry about. The ridge is on from the factory to keep the compression on during assembly
  • Aug 9, 2007, 04:01 PM
    esquire1
    hcb35, this is something you can do yourself.
  • Jan 16, 2008, 07:56 PM
    Mike1313
    I have the same GE refrigerator & also have a leak.

The 1st leak is near the top of the backside, where the water line enters the unit. I believe the large plastic piece is cracked but could not find a part number to order to replace that.

The 2nd leak is at the bottome around the valve.

How did you guys repair that & what part numbers did you purchase?

Thanks,

Mike
  • Jun 26, 2008, 08:31 AM
    yodamon
    Mike,

Did you ever find the top part where it slips on?
    I've got the same problem.

Thanks
    Greg
  • Jan 14, 2009, 07:40 AM
    tonyp14
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike1313 View Post
    I have the same GE refrigerator & also have a leak.

The 1st leak is near the top of the backside, where the water line enters the unit. I believe the large plastic piece is cracked but could not find a part number to order to replace that.

The 2nd leak is at the bottome around the valve.

How did you guys repair that & what part numbers did you purchase?

Thanks,

Mike

I have a Kitchen-Aid (Sears) model ksrx25fhw01 (bot in 2006) The water supply (plastic/nylon) line where it enters the top of the fridge seems to be leaking from inside and is running down on the outside along the plastic line-I can see water built-up absorbed around the actual gasket where the line enters... any ideas here would be appreciated.
  • Aug 1, 2010, 08:44 AM
    nanapeter
    Line is leakeing middle of line
  • Oct 3, 2010, 05:45 PM
    vettedog72
    I think enough GE Refrigerators have a line failure that they had/have a problem with the line quality they used to run the water from the inlet valve to the ice maker. I have two of these units and each one has the line broken in the bow near the bottom of the refrigerator. I wish GE had a "kit" for the repair.
  • Oct 16, 2011, 11:52 AM
    Davewo
    I also have a GE fridge with a water line leak in between t. The line is run right next to the compressor and the heat melted the plastic line causing a leak. The problem is getting to the line. I guess I'm going to have to empty the fridge and tilt it forward to gain access.