Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Skin Lightening (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=386)
-   -   Can collagen treatments be used for making lips pink? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=317414)

• Feb 14, 2009, 07:19 PM
    XOXOlove
    Can collagen treatments be used for making lips pink?
    I bought this lip mask called crystal collagen and want to know if it will make my dark lips more pink and less chapped.
  • Feb 14, 2009, 08:10 PM
    tickle

Just using a bit of vaseline at night, a smidgen, will fix your lips up good.

Yes, anything with collagen in it is good moisturizer, but if you paid a lot of money for it you got robbed.
  • Feb 15, 2009, 12:29 AM
    cutebeth

Glutathione suppliments and sulfur suppliments like MSM would do the trick. By glutathione suppliments I mean the ones that increase glutathione in the body because am not sure the pills work.
  • Feb 15, 2009, 07:54 AM
    XOXOlove
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    just using a bit of vaseline at night, a smidgen, will fix your lips up good.

Yes, anything with collagen in it is good moisturizer, but if you paid a lot of money for it you got robbed.

Lol I only paid $1. I hope it works in some way though. I didn't open it yet because I'm afraid that it might smell. Lol.
  • Feb 15, 2009, 08:01 AM
    tickle
    Quote:

Originally Posted by XOXOlove View Post
    lol i only paid $1. i hope it works in some way though. i didn't open it yet b/c i'm afraid that it might smell. lol.

That is from the sublime to the ridiculous ! $1. From the dollar store ? I don't know if it would smell though.
  • Feb 15, 2009, 11:16 AM
    XOXOlove

Lol. No not from the dollar store. From eBay. :) okay-i'm going to open it!
  • Feb 16, 2009, 09:33 AM
    XOXOlove

It kind of smells like a hospital and like calamine lotion. I tried it and it kind of makes my lips look a little better. I'm going to keep using it though.
  • Feb 17, 2009, 07:35 AM
    curlynatur89
    Just normal stuff can reduce the dark pigment brush your lips in the morning with your toothbrush then apply some lip balm intensely till its all been obsorbed you'll notice after about 3 days lighter lips.:p
  • Feb 17, 2009, 02:39 PM
    XOXOlove
    Quote:

Originally Posted by curlynatur89 View Post
    just normal stuff can reduce the dark pigment brush your lips in the morning with your toothbrush then apply some lip balm intensely till its all been obsorbed youll notice after about 3 days lighter lips.:p

I've been doing that for a long time- about a month but there hasn't been much difference. Should I put something on my lips before brushing?
  • Jun 15, 2012, 01:00 AM
    Blarbie89
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cutebeth View Post
    Glutathione suppliments and sulfur suppliments like MSM would do the trick. By glutathione suppliments I mean the ones that increase glutathione in the body because am not sure the pills work.

Hey cutebeth, not sure if you still use this site... I was just wondering how well supplements work to pinken lips... I have started taking MSM and vit c with NAC and some pycnogenol to lighten my lips. I have extremely dark smoker looking lips even though I've never smoked my whole life... will this really pinken them? I'd love to be able to wear nicki minaj
  • Jun 15, 2012, 01:01 AM
    Blarbie89
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cutebeth View Post

Hey cutebeth, not sure if you still use this site... I was just wondering how well supplements work to pinken lips... I have started taking MSM and vit c with NAC and some pycnogenol to lighten my lips. I have extremely dark smoker looking lips even though I've never smoked my whole life... will this really pinken them? I'd love to be able to wear nicki minaj's pink Friday lipstick which is just laying there on my dresser... :-( thanks in advance
  • Jul 2, 2012, 04:07 AM
    Girly85
    Hi Blarbie89, I'm suffering with the same problem :-( so, how is it working so far?. noticing changes? I'm trying some home remedies for time being, rose petals, beetroot, honey, milk and stuffs... but the progress seems quite slow..
    Update me you... thx... ;-)