Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ACoyne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2005, 06:20 AM
    Camilla Lucas 1935 NY-USA
    Below I am providing the specifics about the etching that I have so that information on the picture itself and its value can be determined.
    I certainly appreciate whatever efforts in getting this information that you can provide.

My etching appears to be that of a country French village with a house on the right, a bridge with water that flows under the bridge, and trees to the left of the picture.
    The colors in the picture mostly consist of browns, reds, and greens.
    The frame appears to be the original.
    It is antique gold with light brown matting with dimensions that are 19 x 22. The old wire hanger in the back is split in half because of age, and besides having a little discoloration in the matting, the picture appears to be in good condition.
    My Etching has Copyright 1935 Camilla Lucas-NY-USA in the upper right hand side of the picture.
    The word Sur l'Escaut (or Sur l'Escant) is in the lower left hand side of the picture.
    There is a triangle blended in with the picture just above this word with three initials SLL.
    The name De Foutauie (or De Fontauie) is written in the lower left hand side of the picture. It is hard to determine whether the letter in this name is a "u" or an "n"
    I have had this in my family for more than 50 years.
    Any information will be greatly appreciated.
    A.Coyne
    lgorz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2009, 07:57 PM
    Hello A. Coyne!
    My wife and I recently bought an etching we liked and it reads just about like yours:
    Camilla Lucas
    Triangle printer's mark -looks like SSL?
    French Village seen - House on the right and house across the road and farther away.
    Creek running under a small bridge in the foreground - reds, greens, brown.
    Darkened, aged crème colored mat with decent gold frame.
    The paintings name appears to be Le Chalard.
    The artist's name appears to be M. Barnave. I can't find anything under his name on
    The net.
    I'm afraid that's all I've got. Nonetheless, it was nice seeing that someone else likes this kind of art, too!

Lou Gorz
    Des Moines, Iowa
    RLRadcliffe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2009, 01:51 PM
    I do not have an answer, but have a print myself with the following:

Copyright 1935 Carmilla Lucas-NY-USA. In the bottom left corner, it has Lavoir s / L' Gure or Eure. On the bottom right, it has De Fontaine. Like yours, it has been in my family for a long time as well. It would be nice if some could provide some insight into this, and an estimated value (although I would not sell it).
    I also have another print, same style and colors as the above, with the following hand written in the bottom section. Bottom left '7/150 Edam and bottom right has 7.E. Roodenburg Fer or Far. There may be some slight differences but this is the best I can determine. Also, there is some print in the picture scheme, lower right that has (the best I can make out) FDAM or 15DAM. Would like some info on this as well.
    pattylee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2009, 11:28 AM
    I also have a print of Le Chalard (Fl a Sieurie) copyright 1937 Camilla Lucas NY-USA by R Baruary. I only know that this is a very small french village Le Chalard you can look up on the web. There are sites with pictures of houses that look just like in the print.There is a picture on LIVE AUCTIONEERS right now that is similar to mine by R Baruary, looks like the same frame.A friend willed the print to my mother who then gave it to me.I know the possession of this print for at least 60 years but no information about it was ever passed on.I have always been curious of the history of this print and would appreciate any information about it. Patricia Long Island New York
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2009, 10:06 PM
    Please click on the following link.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/art/pa...ad-155531.html

Thread is very old and is now CLOSED.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Camille Lucas 1935 SLZ trademark [ 1 Answers ]

I have an original etching by Jean Charmeille titled Couesuon, France. It has a seal on it indicating the number 101. It has a paper trademark with the name of artist and title, as well as a silver and black seal with the SLZ triangle trademark. The scene ap[pears to be a house or some houses on...

Copyright 1933-Camilla Lucas/Artist Leeotelle ? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a print top left corner says Copyright 1933 - Camilla Lucas, NYC-U.S.A it also has their triangle symbol in the bottom left corner the artist signature is so cursive it is hard to make it out looks like Paul E___le Leeotelle? The P is crazy and the L too. So I could be completely off. The...

A. Robertson/camilla Lucas [ 1 Answers ]

I have a genuine original color etching (aquatinte) with a penciled signature by A. ROBERTSON, nb 37/350, provided with a small circle containing the letters SZL, representative of old houses crossed by a river (South Europe ?). On the back of the etching figure a label on wich is indicated "1937...

View more questions Search