Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    merceDluvr Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2009, 09:07 PM
    My girlfriend says she needs her space is this good or bad?
    My girlfriend told me she needs her space and I feel like there's something I did wrong despite the fact that I've done nothing wrong so I know I should just give her some space but is this normal?
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2009, 09:13 PM

She may just not be used to being in a relationship and having a hard time adjusting to spending time with you regularly. Ask her exactly what she wants from you; or if there was a problem. Talk to her to find out what's going on.

Jun 21, 2009, 09:22 PM
    K well this is the first relationship she's been in but I read a previous conversation and this guy had the same problem and a person said that if a girl needs her space then she may want to get away from the guy! :(
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2009, 09:31 PM

She may; we won't know that because we don't know her or her intentions.

I can only speak from my personal experience: I love attention but at the same time I don't like a guy to demand too much of my time. I don't like to be smothered. Had an ex that did that and it drove me nutty.

He expected to talk to me as soon as I got home from work. He knew what my schedule was and thought we should talk whenever I wasn't doing 'something'.

It got old. Really fast.

Sometimes I just wanted to get home and do nothing. Didn't want to talk on the phone. Just wanted to watch my fave show on TV and relax. It wasn't that he'd done anything wrong but I needed "me" time.

The fact that you said this is her first relationship, well she's probably having a hard time adjusting from being solo to spending a lot of time with a boyfriend. It's a tough transition for someone used to their freedom.

Jun 21, 2009, 09:32 PM

OK I'll hope for the best then :)
    Nikki1516 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Jun 22, 2009, 02:57 AM

I can only speak from my personal experience: I love attention but at the same time I don't like a guy to demand too much of my time. I don't like to be smothered. Had an ex that did that and it drove me nutty.
    Ditto to the above! Sometimes I just like there being no pressure to speak/talk/discuss just to chill. Your partner will hopefully become to realise this and respect it otherwise it will become a pain. You don't have to justify your need for alone time.

Jun 22, 2009, 06:21 PM

Yeah well turns out she did break up with me because she doesn't know what she wants :/
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2009, 06:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by merceDluvr View Post
    yeah well turns out she did break up with me because she doesn't know what she wants :/
    Sometimes that's the way it goes. But better that you know now rather than later before putting a lot more time into the relationship.
    SkoTT Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Jun 23, 2009, 02:25 AM
    In all honesty to me giving space/a break means that the person need or wants yuh to fade away from the individual so kallinq it a break or space may mean she don't want to be with yuh no more or losing interest... considering yuh did nothing wrong
    gabriela_dc Posts: 17, Reputation: 6

Jun 23, 2009, 02:41 AM

Hi.
    To be honest with you there was one time I asked my boyfriend for some time.And it was to see another guy I liked.But there was another time that I was just so confused that time off is the better option
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2009, 11:05 AM
    <posted in wrong place>
    brandi farmer Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2009, 11:24 AM
    You didn't do anything wrong sometimes people just need their space... time alone...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ford Ranger starter good, battery good What else? [ 36 Answers ]

I have a '92 Ranger that won't start it just clicks one time. I thought it was the starter but it is good. I changed the battery terminals and that fixed one problem now it clicks until you turn the key off. I can't figure it out any advise? Thanks.

A good place to find a good wig? [ 1 Answers ]

I like to wear wigs... my question is, does anyone know anywhere to order good synthetic or real wigs? I used to wear one all the time years ago, but it was a gift; I can't find anything I like... this is the one, a friend gave me years ago... idk what brand it was, but I'd love to find something...

Girlfriend left because she needed space. Giving her space, but how do I get her back [ 14 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 1 1/2 years broke up with me. She said that she needed space. The reasoning behind this is that she says she just felt unhappy for a while, because of some of my actions. I love her dearly, and I have been giving her the space she has requested. She says that she loves me, but...

View more questions Search