Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kong Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2006, 09:23 AM
    92 honda civic no fire no fuel-new relay!
    92 honda civic won't start- replaced distributor, fuel pump, and main relay still nothing! If I jump the 5 & 7 terminals on the relay plug the pump will work but that's the only way it will but I still have no fire?? What could this be?? PLEASE HELP!!
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

May 26, 2006, 05:45 PM
    Are all your fuses OK?
    Tommyp!972 Posts: 300, Reputation: 36

May 26, 2006, 09:07 PM
    Computer faulty?what's the codes saying is wrong?
    Look at back of ignition module.. is it burnt?
    Is the rotor moving when you crank the engine?
    Is there a pickup coil or something like that that picks up a signal off the distributor shaft and tells the coil to ignite...
    Had a similar issue with my Dakota once... it was a pick up coil...
    As much as you want to save yourself the $80 or more... go to a dealership and have them run a complete diagnostics on it... worth the $$ especially if they come back with a solution you can do yourself

Good luck
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2006, 05:37 PM
    Sounds like a classic MAP Sensor failure. Your MAP Sensor provides information to your ECM to control timing and fuel/air mixture. When it goes, you won't be able to get "spark," no matter what you do. Many Honda owners have replaced their ICM, coil, and whole distributor, to no avail. Always check out your MAP Sensor first. Also, your fuel pump won't run, giving the appearance that the Main Relay is the problem.

Here's what to do. Turn your ignition "On," disconnect the connector to the MAP Sensor, and wait several minutes for the "Check Engine Light" to go out. If it goes out, replace your sensor. Even if your "Check Engine Light" is not on in your case, run through the standard voltage tests to make sure this "Key" sensor checks out. Like all transducers, MAP Sensors are expensive, so shop around for the best deal.

In return for the help, please let me know the solution to your problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

91 Honda Civic: Main relay? [ 16 Answers ]

Hi: I am having problems with my '91 Honda civic DX when I drive for a while, then I stop the engine for 5-10 minutes to do some shopping or whatever... and then try to start again. It doesn't start at all. But if I wait another 5 or 10 minutes and I try again, usually starts. I don't have any...

'89 Honda Civic - no power to fuel pump [ 7 Answers ]

My little 89 Honda Civic had been running fine... then suddenly a few times it felt like the fuel delivery was getting weak, then it'd perk back up. I parked the car for a few days and drove my main car. I went back to the Honda after a 5-6 day hiatus - and it won't start. It turns over, but...

Fuel Injection Relay Honda Prelude 1988 [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 1988 Honda Prelude 2.0 which has refused to start. The mechanics at the Honda shop say it's the Fuel Injection Relay, BUT they don't know it's location, OR ID number. I know that sounds strange but it's true. Can anyone help me please? Thank you. PS: This is a right hand drive car as I...

1990 Honda Civic Duel Point Fuel Injection [ 6 Answers ]

Before I get into doing a leak down test and changing the head gasket our there other things that can be checked first. Main relay re-soldered The condition remained the same. Car starts every time revs 1500rpms or more. If I press the pedal in long strokes the engine will hesitate and die, but...

89 Honda Civic-fuel pump-main relay [ 3 Answers ]

Have 89 Honda Civic with a carb. Car wouldn't start replaced main relay. However the fuel pump won't work from the main relay. So I bypassed the main relay for a temp solution. The main relay was brand new. I am looking for a permanent solution. Help! & Thanks

View more questions Search