Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Heating & Air Conditioning (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   System want take a charge (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=260213)

• Sep 13, 2008, 09:24 PM
    ronnie a
    System want take a charge
    Why my air condition unit want take no refrigerant(freon)
  • Sep 14, 2008, 02:49 PM
    esquire1
    If you are not EPA certified, You are not to be adding any freon. If you are certified, you would know the answer as to why it won't take a charge. Sorry to be so blunt but this is just the way it is. No one on this site will inform as to how to do something unethical
  • Sep 14, 2008, 03:58 PM
    mygirlsdad77
    Very true. There is a reason we are licensed.
  • Sep 14, 2008, 04:22 PM
    wmproop
    :) :) maybe its full:) :)
  • Sep 14, 2008, 04:23 PM
    wmproop
    :( now that's not being nice wmproop :( :(

Now say you`re sorry
  • Sep 14, 2008, 08:12 PM
    ronnie a
    There was a restriction in my hoses.Its hard for a man who just came out of school to get some help from the know it alls,who were born with a set of gauges and a drum of refrigerant
  • Sep 15, 2008, 06:49 AM
    EPMiller
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnie a
    <snip> Its hard for a man who just came out of school to get some help from the know it alls, <snip>

The "know-it-alls here" had reason to answer the way they did. Your question had all the marks of someone who had very little knowledge of working on refrigeration systems. Please be more descriptive when asking questions and we will be more helpful. Some of these contributors know a lot but can't read minds. :)
  • Sep 15, 2008, 11:00 AM
    wmproop
    <snip> Its hard for a man who just came out of school to get some help from the know it alls, <snip>

1.ac drier
    How do I no when my drier is bad
    2.freezing up
    Why is my coils in the attic freezing up ithought it only freeze up outside.what can I do to fix it
    3.system want take a charge
    Why my air condition unit want take no refrigerant(freon)

(what kind of school did you just get out of? All these questions should have been addressed) if it was HVAC school
  • Sep 15, 2008, 03:11 PM
    mygirlsdad77
    All of these guys are right, right, right. But, if you did just get out of refrigeration and air conditioning, or hvac school, and do have your license, then I understand it can be difficult to make the change from books and little hands on time to The Real World of ac. I don't know what your situation is. You can't just go to school and start your own business. I recommend trying to get on with a good A/C outfit and learn more from guys that have been there, done that. It's a good trade, but there's more to it than reading some books. Don't let our responses stop you from using this site. There are good people here, most of whom are just trying to uphold a level of professionalism.