Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Tools & Power Equipment (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=334)
-   -   Diagram to install belt on john deere 54" deck mower (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=352015)

• May 10, 2009, 10:24 AM
    wendiebx
    Diagram to install belt on john deere 54" deck mower
    Diagram to install belt on john deere 54" deck mower
  • May 12, 2009, 02:25 PM
    crigby

Hi,
    What machine is it on? Telling me it is a 54C will not solve the problem. Serial number or hood decals will tell me.
    Peace,
    Clarke
  • Aug 2, 2009, 07:46 AM
    cruzdis
    Gt235 tractor with a 54 inch deck, I am down to a tension spring on the idler pulley.
  • Aug 2, 2009, 08:01 AM
    crigby
    1 Attachment(s)
    Hi,
    That spring is best hooked last. A short length (about 2') of small diameter, sturdy rope will aid in this. You can double the rope into a loop, put loop into hook of spring, grab both ends to extend, seat spring in deck shell, release one of the ends and ease the rope out by pulling the other end.
    Picture attached
    Peace,
    Clarke
  • Apr 30, 2012, 10:02 PM
    bobcud
    The belt is on a 445 John Deere lawn tracto. The mower model is 54 hd lawn
  • May 1, 2012, 05:11 AM
    crigby
    2 Attachment(s)
    Hi,
    A 445 uses a driveshaft-driven deck. When installing the belt, it will be necessary to remove the gearbox. Diagram is below.
    Peace,
    Clarke
  • May 2, 2012, 06:56 AM
    tcave1314
    Quote:

Originally Posted by crigby View Post
    hi,
    what machine is it on? Telling me it is a 54c will not solve the problem. Serial number or hood decals will tell me.
    Peace,
    clarke

• May 2, 2012, 06:58 AM
    tcave1314
    Quote:

Originally Posted by crigby View Post
    Hi,
    What machine is it on? Telling me it is a 54C will not solve the problem. Serial number or hood decals will tell me.
    Peace,
    Clarke

It's a J d 335
  • May 2, 2012, 07:20 AM
    crigby
    2 Attachment(s)
    Hi,
    Keep adding to this thread rather than starting a new one.
    Your machine came with two brands of engines, B&S and Kawasaki. Since the 48" and 54" are virtually identical, one picture came form one and the other from the other. They show slightly different perspectives.
    Peace,
    Clarke
  • Apr 19, 2013, 03:23 PM
    beetfarmer
    This is just an FYI. I have a 54" deck on a 345 Deere. If you are looking at the deck from the rear toward the front, there is a idler pulleyat about the 11:00 position. It is the left pulley at front of the deck. The carriage bolt is prone to rotting and weakening and or cracking the deck. If you romove the carriage bolt and replace it with a grade 8 bolt you can put 2 fender washers on the underside of the deck and use a nylock locking nut on the top. This will strengthen the surface area around the bolt and prevent the deck from weakening or cracking.
  • May 15, 2013, 08:14 AM
    Eydie Kurzawins
    Mr. Clarke... it is on a 445 "jd" 26 horse power shaft driven
    Garden/ lawn tractor. Thank you.
  • May 16, 2013, 02:44 PM
    crigby
    2 Attachment(s)
    Hi,
    There is only one routing on all three of those shaft -drive decks. Please take note that the top one is marked Front and the bottom one is from the other angle meaning the front is at the bottom.
    Peace,
    Clarke
  • May 15, 2018, 12:34 PM
    andyhnyctt
    I need the part #11 - belt tension pulley maybe? Anyone know the part number for that?