Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lazzyboyy313 Posts: 75, Reputation: 2

Mar 3, 2010, 12:34 AM

dynocompe, I think I have dealt with the jealousy issue for the most part. I like doing things without my girlfriend and I don't mind when she goes out with her friends. She hasn't done anything that would cause me to distrust her. I definitely have done a lot of reflecting on the matter and seen that I was wrong in my actions just as much as my ex was and that's why we didn't work out. As you said jealousy never works in a relationship and it killed ours. Hope some people take the time and read my whole thread and I hope it helps people going through the same problems I went through
    dynocompe Posts: 331, Reputation: 56

Mar 3, 2010, 12:45 AM

That's good, it's a hard thing to come over! Probably was much easier when you see what it does to a relationship first hand!
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2010, 12:51 AM

It seems you have learnt from your experiences-well done!

Wishing you happiness in your current relationship!

Mar 3, 2010, 07:16 PM

I don't feel like posting a new question so I'll ask it here and hope people will answer. Has anyone here become at least civil with an ex? Like to say you don't hate their guts and if you happened to see them in the street you would genuinely say hi.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2010, 07:47 PM

I say jump in that time machine.

Punch in FUTURE, whatever date.

You will find yourself without her & happy.
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2010, 07:51 PM

I wouldn't worry about those things.

That means you still care. She doesn't. Remember that.

Fantasy at this point.

Get on with yourself first, then you will know exactly what to do.

You may surprised that it doesn't even matter.

Did you mean if you see her arm & arm w/her new boyfriend? Hehehe...

Mar 4, 2010, 01:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by vanheart View Post

Did you mean if you see her arm & arm w/her new bf? hehehe...
    If this were to happen I really wouldn't care. I probably wouldn't say hi either but it wouldn't affect me in any manner. More than likely I'd be walking with my girlfriend anyway.

Mar 18, 2010, 03:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by vanheart View Post
    That means you still care. She doesnt. Remember that.

Fantasy at this point.
    I guess I also had a question from your thoughts. Last year, about 5 months after we stopped talking to each other completely my ex sent me a long apology email. So does this mean she doesn't care? I don't mean in a relationship sense by any means. To not care, to me, would mean she wouldn't bother sending me such an email and just left it at what we left it at. Again, I am not asking this for signs of us making a comeback, this is to answer my earlier question of being civil with the girl and not feeling awkward doing so.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 18, 2010, 06:30 AM

One mistake we always make as humans, is assuming the thoughts, and motives of others.

Its more a signal to YOU of your confusion than anything to do with them. Take it for what it is, an apology, and look no further into it, as she said her peace and that's it.

A break up isn't a signal she doesn't care, but not enough to see a future of romance with you. Take it for what it is and leave it be.

Trying to analyze a 5 month old email is futile at this point, because then, as now, you're grasping at any shred of hope that her feelings are as yours, and they are not, she is looking forward, and your going through the motions on looking forward, but you still are stuck over this.

No one can avoid awkward moments, it like everything else you encounter in life, its how you deal with it that counts and how well you have developed your coping skills that get you through this.

Break ups are seldom about the break up, or the person you broke up with, but always about how you deal with them.

You learn a lot about YOURSELF, your strengths, hopes, and weaknesses, and how you deal with the world and COPE with what your going through.

Relax, and live, and be honest with yourself, and cope with reality, whether it's a break up, or some other thing that life throws at you.

Mar 18, 2010, 12:08 PM

OK, I guess my asking that question is going to be taken as me caring about her and pining for something from her. I understand that and have to take it and the advice given at just that. I think I see that you can't hope for anything in the future or wonder what certain things "mean" or don't mean. Just take what's given to me in the simplest of forms and don't over think anything.

I have always been one to over analyze things and seems like I'm doing it again here. It's the same thing I did in the initial breakup and what ended up destroying me during and after the whole process. I will admit I have taken certain things way out of context but I hope I can learn from this and not repeat myself again and again.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 18, 2010, 08:46 PM

That's called learning, and something you will do your whole life. You learn (get the facts, not just the feelings), and make adjustments to the situation to get through it, in a positive way.
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2010, 08:55 PM

Boiled down by Tal. Yes.

I was actually thinking about that very thing tonight as I was on the site.

About how we overthink & why.

In the creative I do, career wise, I deal with that issue everyday.
    Always stems from the same things, anticipation, anxiety, unsurity, wanting to rock while making others thoughts your own, etc.. etc.. etc..

Sometimes we have to just let it be. Remove the noise.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend has asked for a break! [ 7 Answers ]

I have been with my girlfriend for 7 years. 7 weeks ago she went out with her best friend who in turn called me afterwards and said how much my g/f had spoken about me and how much my girlfriend had said that she loved me and that she was talking to her friend about how she wanted to marry me!! ...

My boyfriend asked for a break, what should I do? [ 5 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have two yrs together, and known each other for about 7 yrs. Lately he's been talking to his ex girlfriend a lot. I know he cares for her because there was a time in his life where he was going throw a lot and she was there for him so he lives with this thing that he feels like...

My boyfriend asked for a break [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend told me 4 days ago that he wanted a break.. we have been dating for 2 months. I had to ask quite a few times what was wrong because he was looking really glum and wouldn't tell me what was wrong. He said that his parents where putting too much pressure on him and that he has so much to...

Girlfriend asked for a 2 week break [ 6 Answers ]

Delete...

View more questions Search