Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Small Business (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=298)
-   -   I want to clean vacant homes (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=302003)

• Jan 11, 2009, 08:24 AM
    jason32
    I want to clean vacant homes
    I want to clean vacant and foreclosed homes. How to I get started as far as who can I get contracts from? Do I go to the banks or just local real estate offices? How to I set my rates? Are there set rates or do I charge by each house? Is there good money and how do you get paid> all answers will be very helpful.
  • Jan 11, 2009, 08:46 AM
    Clough

Hi, jason32!

If in the U.S. one such organization that you might want to contact would be the following one. The Premier Property Preservation, REO Maintenance And Repair Service Firm In The US They're always looking for people to perform work in various ways on properties. I do know that a lot of people have had success working on properties for them.

Contacting banks and Realtor offices would also be a thing that you could do.

You'll need at least liability insurance to perform this type of work.

Whenever doing work like this for others, it's always best to have some sort of signed agreement such as a contract, so that you can make sure that you'll be paid.

Thanks!
  • Jan 11, 2009, 02:50 PM
    Stringer

Pretty much covers it all Clough, good answer.
  • Dec 1, 2011, 05:03 PM
    kabrooks
    How do I get started to clean vacant houses in Maryland and get paid?
  • Dec 1, 2011, 05:07 PM
    kabrooks

Share this question:

I want to clean vacant and foreclosed homes. How to I get started as far as who can I get contracts from? Do I go to the banks or just local real estate offices? How to I set my rates? Are there set rates or do I charge by each house? Is there good money and how do you get paid> all answers will be very helpful.

• Dec 1, 2011, 05:42 PM
    Stringer
    Hi Kab,

I would like to ask you if you have any experience cleaning homes as it does matter?

Contact both; Real-estate companies, banks, and also mortgage companies, etc.

Pricing is usually done by the hour by the number of employees.

Pricing varies a lot by area and competition however usually the low end is $15 - $16.50 /hour to $18 - $18.50 / hour.

Good luck let us know how you do.

Stringer
  • Oct 15, 2013, 12:01 PM
    lunamartinmi
    I charge by the square foot of the hour depending on what the client's needs are. I really don't deal with banks, just realtors, homebuyers and home sellers. I have a Vacant Homes cleaning page on my website and also list my rates on a separate page if you're interested in looking.

#1 Professional House Cleaning Service in Oakland County MI for Vacant Real Estate Cleanings. - A Clean Dream