Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlut88 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2013, 07:10 AM
    Ultrasounds
    The ultrasound d
    Ated my pregnancy at 7 weeks 6 days which would mean I would have ovulated 2 days before I even had sex. I was just wondering how many days off they can be?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 17, 2013, 07:12 AM
    Dating can be off two weeks either way.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 17, 2013, 07:38 AM
    Yes off up to about 14 days.

It is not exact at all.

Next how were you tracking ovulation? Using body temp readings or other medical test?
    Those online charts or phone charts are worthless really
    jlut88 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2013, 09:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    yes off up to about 14 days.

It is not exact at all.

Next how were you tracking ovulation? using body temp readings or other medical test?
    those online charts or phone charts are worthless really
    I wasn't tracking but my last period was on the 6th and my Dr was asking if I was sure I didn't start on the 2nd. I know its only a couple days off but he is saying it as if he's positive.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 17, 2013, 06:22 PM
    Ovulation does not go by when you have your period, some women ovulate at various times, women can get pregnant having sex during period at times.

Of course he is not sure, sorry no one, no doctor can give you an exact day

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are 4D ultrasounds safe? [ 2 Answers ]

Im going in to have an elective 4D ultrasound done. I will be 7 months and a week when I go to have it done. Will it have ANY negative effects on me OR my baby?

How accurate are ultrasounds? [ 17 Answers ]

So when I found out I was pregnant and went to my first obgyn appointment, I was told I was 7 weeks. Well awhile later I experienced some bleeding and went to the E.R and with my calculations I was 10 weeks at the time. Everything turned out fine, but the ultrasound people told me I was barely 9...

Ultrasounds and lmp [ 2 Answers ]

Do ultrasounds go by your lmp as well?

How accurate are Ultrasounds? [ 14 Answers ]

I am 20 weeks pregnant... baby is about 12 ounces and 6 1/2 inches. Baby is completely healthy and symmetrical (they where amazed because it was textbook) hehe. A perfectly round head and everything developing as it should... mommy healthy too:D. Anyway my chiropractor told me I was going to...

Accuracy of ultrasounds [ 3 Answers ]

My son has recently slept with someone who now says she is pregnant to him.he has been seeing her for 7 weeks and 3 days.she had an ultra sound on the 9/9/08 which says she is 8 weeks and 5 days pregnant.Could my son be the father?

View more questions Search