Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rl282a Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2012, 10:25 PM
    Sex with a minor
    Okay so my sister was 15 years old when this guy he was 21 year old decided to date her he will get her drunk buy her alcohol take her out of school to motels they had intercourse and she endes up pregnant and he left her... so its been almost three years and I would like to know if she can still or my parents can still press charges on him for wjat he did?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 28, 2012, 10:32 PM
    It really depends on where you live as the laws on this vary by location.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 29, 2012, 05:51 AM
    Why weren't charges filed as soon as she got pregnant? This person is clearly a predator and I'm sure he has done it again in the 3 years since.

But as J_9 says, local laws determine whether the sex was even illegal (though it is likely it was) and whether a Statue of Limitations has past.

And why hasn't your sister, at least gone after him for child support?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 29, 2012, 08:09 AM
    Why did they not do something 3 years ago?

Why is it now that they want to do something?

Has she also filed for child support ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sex with minor [ 1 Answers ]

If there is a minor who likes someone older and agrees to sexual things- is it illegal

Minor dating a minor.3 year difference, does it matter? [ 13 Answers ]

OK I turn 16 on April 28th, this girl turns 13 in September, I thought I heard something about a law stating something about it being illegal for someone to date 3 years younger than them. She's just a couple months off,and she is really mature, but I'm worried about her parents being able to...

If a minor misses court date, who gets in trouble? Guardian and/or the minor? [ 1 Answers ]

If a 16-year-old with a court date (stealing, $100) doesn't show up for the appointment, does the guardian get in trouble alone, or the 16-year-old as well? State is TN.

My minor nephew molested my minor daughter [ 8 Answers ]

Approximately 10 years ago, my sister and her children visited for a weekend of swimming. My daughter, then about 6 or 7, went up to her bedroom and was followed by my 14 or so year old nephew. My daughter has recently told us he approached her and touched her either through her suit or around...

Minor minor accident [ 3 Answers ]

Hi guys,nice to be here again... I just want to ask about my friend's case and I can't give her any opinion because I'm not sure what should I tell her. The story was, she hit a car in front of her on the side street, but it when they check the back of the car, there was no any scratches or dent or...

View more questions Search