Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lyseax3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2011, 10:30 PM
    Vaginal irritation
    I've been on birth control for about 2 months, and each time before my period I get this irratation, reddness, and swelling around my vagina. I don't know why it happens bu the 1st time it happened it was before my period and I figured because I used a condom after not using one in a while maybe it was irritated, alos because my boyfriend used fire and ice by trojan -_- . It was irritated before I got my period and when I got my period it was basically gone but once it stopped it came back. When I seen my gyn about it I told her I thought it was a yeast infection and she said I do have a lot of discharge and gave me some cream and in a few days I was fine. And now I'm back to the same thing I don't know what it could be unless maybe its tied into the birth control or just a new thing with my cycle. Any information will be helpful.
    NYC2NC Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2011, 04:36 PM
    Its funny you mention this... I myself 30y/o woman have the same problem BEFORE my period, yeast infections. I have found out that some women 30+ will start to have yeast infection before their cycles, due to their body chemistry changing. You have to speak to your OB/GYN further about this and inform him/her that this occurs BEFORE YOUR CYCLE every time or some of the time. It could also be the birth control pills. A lot of different things can cause a woman to have a yeast infection like: changing of diet, spicy or hot foods, wearing tight underwear/pants, type of soap/laundry detergent you use, and fabric.
    Perdita Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2011, 11:06 AM
    I think it is best that you work with your doctor on that. I don't have the knowledge to answer. Occasionally when I've gotten yeast infections I'd just use one of those over-the-counter medications. Once I turned up with a yeast infection after I saw the doctor. She apparently was treating another patient with it and didn't wash up well enough and spread it to me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vaginal problems, a lot of dischrage and vaginal itch [ 2 Answers ]

Well its embarasing but I'm 16 and I just became sexually active. Ive only done it with one boy which is my boyfriend and ever since I have been dealing with occasional vaginal itching. At one point it became so sever that my mom had to take me to the doctor but she didn't find out about my sex...

About Vaginal Irritation [ 0 Answers ]

I had my tubes tied 9 months ago. I have been experiencing vaginal dryness, a discharge that sometimes is white, chalky looking and very irrtitating. After having sex, I have this burning sensation when I pee. I have been diagnosis in the past of having bv and even been treated for chlamydia during...

Vaginal illness? I have white vaginal discharge so what is the illnes I got now ? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been sleep with my boyfriend with condom and after 3 day I started to got achy on my vagina and after 5 day I got some white vaginal discharge coming out, so what's a problem then ? Please advise !

I'm experiencing vaginal irritation going on two days now. What could it be? [ 3 Answers ]

Im in a monogomous relationship for 2 years now. I have 3 children ages 15,12, and 6 years old. Since I don't want to take any chances of an unplanned pregnancy I opted for the IUD as a form of birth control. Its been 3 months since I had it inserted. I had no real problems the first month. On...

Vaginal Discharge and irritation [ 1 Answers ]

I have just switched to the Nuvo Ring. Within the past 2 days, I have experience mild discharge and major dryness. The symptom is similar to a yeast infection, but it is not yeast infection. Is this a side effect of Nuvo Ring or a sign of a major problem?

View more questions Search