Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amanda67 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2011, 12:35 PM
    Pull cord light switch
    The cord has been pulled from the light switch. I have removed it but its in lots of parts. How do I reassemble it. Don't want to buy another.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Jan 16, 2011, 01:16 PM

"The light switch" is kind of vague. Can you post a picture of the switch? Or maybe tell us what it is from?

Typically these things are not repaired, but are replaced.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2011, 02:11 PM
    A new pull chain fixture is less than $10. Not worth trying to fix.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I replaced pull switch lights with recess but the wall switch won't turn off the light [ 2 Answers ]

I added lights and outlets to my basement and all of the outlets work fine. Before I started the switch on the wall controlled one light and all of the others had pull strings. I've tried everything but the switch will not turn off the remaining three lights. What did I do wrong... how do I fix it?...

How to change a pull string light fixture to a wall switch controlled light. [ 2 Answers ]

How do you change a pull string light fixture to a new light fixture with a wall switch. I have two wires running to the existing string light and am not sure what to do with those wires. I plan to change the light as well.

Bathroom light, fan, pull cord wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I have had to replace the plasterboard on my bathroom ceiling due to a leak, but the details for where the wires connected, were written down but seem to be wrong. I need to connect the wires from the light pull cord to the light fitting to the fan.

Adding a new light with its own pull string to existing light and switch [ 8 Answers ]

Howdy. I have a 50 year old house where the bathroom light shares a common wall with the back of the master bedroom closet. I want to add a pull string light in the closet and tap the power off the bathroom light. The bathroom light is switched and the power comes first to the light and then...

Pull cord light switch [ 1 Answers ]

I pulled the cord from my pull cord light switch. What should I do? Do I have to replace the whole fixture or can I replace the cord? OHH!! Before I forget the cord is totally pulled out. There is no cord visible. I haven't take the fixture off Thanks for all the help:confused:

View more questions Search