Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nycindie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2007, 05:11 AM
    Pull cord light switch
    I pulled the cord from my pull cord light switch. What should I do? Do I have to replace the whole fixture or can I replace the cord?
    OHH!! Before I forget the cord is totally pulled out. There is no cord visible. I haven't take the fixture off

Thanks for all the help:confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 18, 2007, 06:36 AM
    Depends on where it broke, take the cover off and look at the switch. You can replace the cord, or just replace the switch. Normally you don't have to replace the entire fixture

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New pull chain switch for ceiling fan light [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, I just purchased a new pull chain switch for my ceiling fan light. The lead wires coming down are white and blue. The wires on the new switch are black, blue and red. Normally these are simple installs but I need help on how to wire these due to the different colors. Thanks!

I can't pull the starter cord on my 10hp Briggs and Stratton Engine [ 6 Answers ]

I recently purchased a two year old 10 hp Troy Built wood chipper. I've used it for about 4-5 hours and recently had to add a little oil. I added the correct type as per the manufacturers instructions. It started up just fine and after 15 minutes or so I shut it off to empty the bag. Once the...

Pull cord won't pull on Murray 2.0 mower [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Murray/Briggs 6.0 engine mower and the pull cord is sticking. It will stop after pulling about 4 inches. Then if I jiggle the pull cord it will extend another 4 inches. I can see a plastic piece that seems to be stopping it at every four inches. What is causing this and what is the repair...

Converting pull switch lights to wall switch [ 3 Answers ]

I've been struggling finding the answer to this in books and online, it seems as if it should be an easy question and something that gets done all the time. Looking for some help. My basement has several rooms and all lights are wired "hot" with pull switches from each light receptacle. When the...

Ceiling Fan light cord & Fixture [ 2 Answers ]

We have a Hampton Bay Ceiling fan that has been working fine for a year or so. There are two questions I have for anyone who can offer assistance: 1. The light cord doesn't work. Well, actually, it works sporadically, but rarely. When I pull the cord, it seems to not catch whatever it's...

View more questions Search