Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ddodge44 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2010, 10:45 AM
    Air conditioner blower will not shut off
    MY Homes ac blower will not shut off. The compressor is cycling as required. But, the blower motor will run continuous. I have changed the thermostat and the control board. I am not sure which direction to go from here.. Any Ideas

Thanks in advance,
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2010, 11:04 AM

Disconnect the green wire from the control board. Did the fan stop running?
    The fan setting on the tstat,is it set to on or auto?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Central air conditioner blower [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings, The blower of my Carrier WeatherMaker 8000VS is not working. I tried to turn on the air conditioner, and noticed the blower not powering on. Just under the twinning buss connector, there is a red LED which is constantly on when I try to turn the blower on manually. Do you believe...

Air Conditioner won't shut off [ 2 Answers ]

My air conditioner won't shut off after reaching the desired temperature. I put the circuit breaker on off so it wouldn't run anymore. What is my next step in fixing it?

Blower on Air Conditioner not working [ 1 Answers ]

The unit outside comes on and the fan turns, however in the house no heat or air is coming out. What is the problem?

Air conditioner shut down [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older GE air conditioner that is shutting down after 45 minutes of running. The furnace blower is still runs. After thirty minuts of not running it will start up again. New furnace filter and coils are clean. It has ran the last two months. The fan blade on the motor does turn freely but...

Air Conditioner will not shut off [ 2 Answers ]

My air conditioner will not shut off. At first it would not turn on and I bought a new thermasate, now it will turn on but it won't turn off. What could be the problem.

View more questions Search