Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jantil Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2008, 06:12 PM
    Blower on Air Conditioner not working
    The unit outside comes on and the fan turns, however in the house no heat or air is coming out. What is the problem?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 7, 2008, 07:05 PM
    Could be the compressor in the outside unit is not running. If the outside fan is running you know you have power to the unit and it is calling for cooling. If you do not know how to check a compressor for proper operation it is time to call for a on site repair by the local HVAC company.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower goes on/off after air conditioner compressor moter was changed [ 4 Answers ]

I have an old Trane Split System Cooling (X149116P01) combined with a gas furnace. The Compressor motor stopped working and was just changed and afterwards, the blower would work fine for a while and then start cycling on and off. When I shut off the system for a while, it would work again for 20...

Heat and Air not working on Attic unit, but blower working. [ 1 Answers ]

The blower is working fine on our Heating and Air Conditioning unit but neither the Air or Heat will work. The emergency Heat works fine though. The unit is a Carrier with the words American Standard written on the outside fan unit. What should I look for before calling a tech or what would this be...

Air conditioner, blower fan speed with carrier furnace [ 2 Answers ]

The fan speed does not adjust when the air conditioner is on . Is this normal ? If I turn the set temp up high enough the air conditioner turns off and the adjustability returns. Auto, low, medium and high all work. When I set the temperature back down so the air conditioner turns back on the...

Air Conditioner Stopped working [ 4 Answers ]

Last used the air conditioner was last summer, with the heat coming early this year we tried it and it didn't work. This is what I know so far: 1) I switched out the thermostats (we have two) and it made no change 2) checked the exterior fuses and they are good 3) Inside Fan works 4) When I...

Trane air conditioner fan blower mower sticks [ 1 Answers ]

I have a trane split unit A/C wall mounted. The A/C works fine but I noticed that when the unit is turned off and then I go to turn it on the next day, I can't hear the fan blower running but the unit is powered on. So, I shut the unit off and remove the cover over the fan blower and notice that...

View more questions Search