Yea is it OK to have a baby at a young age
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 14, 2010, 02:19 AM
    No!!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 14, 2010, 04:04 AM

First, having a baby can be a strain on a young body. At 13 one's body is still developing and not ready to bear the strains of pregnancy. This could have a deleterious affect on both the mother's and the baby's health.

Second, having a baby costs money. There are the doctor bills for the OB-Gyn, the hospital, etc. This alone can add up to mid 5 figures. Then one has to support the baby. Food, diapers. Clothes, healthcare etc. At 13 one can't earn a living so how can one support a child.

Third, at 13 one is just a child themselves. They have a whole life ahead of them. Having a baby puts the focus of one's life on the baby, not the parent. No more hanging with friends, going to mall, etc..

So no, it is definitely and emphatically NOT OK to have a baby at a young age. In fact, it is not OK to engage in sexual intercourse until you are physically, emotionally and financially ready to have a baby.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 years and yet no baby [ 4 Answers ]

My fiancé and I have been trying to have a baby for the past 3 years and nothing has happened yet. I have been to the OB/GYN and he’s has prescribed me with some pills that would help reduce the birth defect. We have been disappointed in the past years when we thought we were pregnant. I don’t want...

Just had a baby, boyfriend of 7 years has another one on the way, what to do? [ 2 Answers ]

I just had a baby in January, just found out that my boyfriend of 7 years has another baby on the way that is due in July! His explanation was that we were having problems! I don't think I can forgive and forget, but I do love him so much that I might let this situation just past. I am so hurt and...

2+ years, no baby yet [ 12 Answers ]

My husband and I have been "casually" trying to get pregnant for a little over 2 years. By "casually" I mean that we haven't been not trying, but we haven't been crazy about it either. There were some months that I looked up my ovulation calendar stuff, and we had sex more during those days. But...

Trying for a baby. 2 and half years [ 1 Answers ]

Hiya - My husband and I have been trying for a baby now two and a half years... at first things were okay - we were really laid back 'it will happen when it happens' but when I had my birthday last year, things got me down. I know I have years left, as this year I will be 26. Doctors have...

We have been together for 5 years. Baby time? [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my boyfirend have been together off and on for 5 years. Even when we were broken up, we were still together. Up until this summer, he met a girl and started hanging out with her. at the time i was not on any medication.. and i was not a very pleasent person to be around, he couldnt do...

View more questions Search