Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nuky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2007, 06:00 PM
    3 years and yet no baby
    My fiancé and I have been trying to have a baby for the past 3 years and nothing has happened yet. I have been to the OB/GYN and he’s has prescribed me with some pills that would help reduce the birth defect. We have been disappointed in the past years when we thought we were pregnant. I don’t want to gross anyone out but this is my situation. We have the best sex ever its great, the thing is when he ejaculates inside it just seems that his sperm just runs right out of me and I'm still not sure why. (Please don't laugh I have been through so much already you're my last hope) I really need answers so please if you know anything fill free to give me advice.
    steviebeezie Posts: 66, Reputation: 13

May 18, 2007, 06:44 PM
    I almost hesitate to ask, because I'm not a fertility expert, but what do you mean she gave you pills to reduce the birth defect? Do you have genetic diseases that run in your family?

I have a feeling that you're talking about some kind of fertility drugs... these work, (as I understand it) by increasing the number of ova your ovaries release. This gives sperm a greater chance of fertilizing an egg. As for advice, has your fiancé had his sperm count tested? They test for number of sperm, sperm motility (how well it moves) and viability (how likely the average sperm is to fertilize an egg). If he has problems with his sperm, you would be better off with In Vitro Fertilization.

Some things you can do yourself: Have sex missionary style--this allows gravity to help the sperm. After sex, lie on your back with your legs elevated for about five minutes--this also uses gravity to your advantage. Learn your cycles--your average body temperature increases one degree during ovulation--careful charting can help you figure out when you are ovulating. Also, they have tests you can buy at the pharmacy that are sort of like pregnancy tests, only they'll tell you when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive. Also, there's nothing like repetition--every time you have sex increases your chances... hope this helps
    LadyB Posts: 320, Reputation: 42

May 18, 2007, 08:53 PM
    He may have just put her on folic acid, which is standard these days when someone is trying to get pregnant.

Try elevating your pelvis and legs, on a pillow or something, and just relax for about 30 minutes after sex. Yes, much of the ejaculate will still run out (this is normal), but it contains millions of sperm and if you are ovulating, you produce a special mucus that allows the sperm to swim into the uterus and up the fallopian tubes. It only takes one. Makes sure you are timing sex with ovulation though.

However, after 3 years, chances are you or your partner have a fertility issue and need to be tested. Blocked tubes, sperm problems, ovulatory issues, there are any number of things that cause infertility.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

May 18, 2007, 08:53 PM
    If your guy wears briefs try to get him to change to boxers. Hot showers and hot tubs also decrease sperm count. Have sex every other day to increase sperm fertility. I would also recommend this site.
    Ovulation Calendar and Ovulation Chart - FertilityFriend.com
    It help me and now I have twins. I can't guarantee that it will help you conceive but it will help you chart your cycles and see when the best days to conceive are.
    mini31 Posts: 23, Reputation: 7

Jul 28, 2011, 02:14 PM
    I agree with the rest. Also, there are certain sex positions which are better for getting pregnant since the sperm goes straight inside and the way you would be placed would be very difficult to let it out. Search for those positions and ask if he wants to try them and you could also get fertility pills.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Having a baby [ 9 Answers ]

I would really like to have a baby but I understood that if me and my partner have the same blood type we will not be able to have a baby. I am AB positive and my partner is also the same. Will we not be able to have a baby as we have the same blood type My partner have been having...

Will I still b able to have a baby? [ 6 Answers ]

Im 17 years old, and me and my boyfriend have been having unprotected sex now for about 4 or 5 months, and I haven't become pregnant. When I was 14, I had an abortion, and I'm scared that I won't be able to have a baby because of the abortion I had. Can I still have a baby, even though I've had an...

Baby strange illness. Whole body of baby get harden [ 9 Answers ]

My brother's baby boy 4 months old got a strange illness. He had blood tested, brain scanning, lung checking etc. Everything is normal. But the baby boy got an unpreditable "body harden" illness. That is when it happens, the whole body of the baby get stiff and he can not move, can not cry... We...

Lose of 1 baby boy & 2 baby girls [ 4 Answers ]

I have meet a lady on myspace and she has lost 3 kids a little boy and a set of twin girls the boy was about 2 years ago he only lived a couple of hours and the twins one lived 3 days and the other only an hour. What can I do to help her through this time? I just feel so sorry for her. Two years...

My boyfriend of 11 years won't accept I am having his baby. [ 10 Answers ]

I was with my boyfriend for 11 years up until a year in a half ago, we separated by moving apart. He did cheat on me once I know of, During the last year we were technically broke up. We still spent a ot of time together. Valentines Day, New years Eve, he invited me to spend time with him and his...

View more questions Search