Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    collegeRN2009 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2009, 03:18 PM
    I feel depressed
    I feel so down and irritated for about the past 3 months. I feel worthless at many points of the day. In the morning I can't get out of bed hardly. Yet at night I cannot fall asleep/ stay asleep. Im getting migraines more severe and more often and my stomach is just a mess. Im constantly having an upset stomach or crampy feeling. Some days I wake up and my entire body hurts. I do have a fiancé who makes me very happy, but at times I feel he doesn't love me. I make little problems bigger and every minor issue irritates me. I cry very often and I just feel so lost. I don't know what's wrong with me.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 29, 2009, 03:35 PM

You are depressed, have you gotten professional help yet ?
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Nov 30, 2009, 04:51 AM

There is a difference between being down in the dumps, or blue, as opposed to clinical depression which can only be diagnosed by your Doctor.

Your first course of action should be to write all your symptoms down, and get in for a checkup. Talk to your doctor, and if he/she prescribes an anti-depressant, take it as prescribed. It sometimes takes more than trying one medication to see any effects, but it is worth the effort.

Signs of Depression
    QLP Posts: 980, Reputation: 656

Nov 30, 2009, 07:41 PM

I agree it's time to chat to your doctor. The physical symptoms could be a sign of depression or alternatively the physical symptoms and depression taken together could be the sign of some other illness.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does it mean if you're depressed a lot and feel sad? [ 14 Answers ]

I'm 21. I live w/ my fiancé. I get really depressed and sad sometime's. Other time's I get mad or angry. Most of the time I get sad and I don't know why. All my life I've delt with a mean father and mentally loony mother. My friend's have turned their back on me in the past. My grandfather died a...

I'm too shy and I feel pretty depressed. [ 10 Answers ]

Hey guys, This is a problem I really need some help with and I kind of feel uncomfortable talking about it.. :o.. The problem is.. I am now 22 years old and I am very very shy and not very out going.. I hardly have any friends because I'm too scared to make friends and to talk to strangers and...

Why do I feel so depressed? [ 4 Answers ]

I'd like some help with a few things, I don't know if I might be depressed or have some sort of other mental illness. I deal with my dad's overly constant verbal and mental abuse, I've talked to someone who said that they could be trusted but shunned me away saying that my dad treated me fine when...

I feel lonely and depressed [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I do not know where to start :(. I feel so lonely and miserable, Im 20 yrs old.. I don't have many friends and the best friend that I had - has stopped talking to me for stupid reasons such as.. I fink all the boys like me, etc. Which is NOT d case but at times I would blame myself and...

I feel like I can't ever get out of my depressed mode. [ 4 Answers ]

I'm very depressed person I'm so happy when I can have a good day... I trust no one... and I am not even exaggerating when I say I have no friends at school. I mean I don't get made fun of at school or anything like that I just feel like I never fit in and I have so many bad days. I wish I had...

View more questions Search