Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ooops Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2008, 10:50 PM
    Freedom of movement
    With the father not named on the birth certificate, but wanting to be involved after not being involved for 6 years, is there a way to insure freedom of movement, travel out of country, moving to another state, etc. Unsure of what steps he might take or his intentions.
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2008, 06:09 AM
    If he goes to court to get visitation he will also have a say if his child moves to another state and goes out of country. If he dosen't then you can move to whatever state you want but. There are no steps you can take to make sure you have "freedom of movement".
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 15, 2008, 06:11 AM
    Until and unless the father gains joint custody with a visitation schedule, you have complete freedom. Once he gets the court to award those things, your freedom will be curtailed by the terms of the court order.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2008, 09:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ooops
    with the father not named on the birth certificate, but wanting to be involved after not being involved for 6 years, is there a way to insure freedom of movement, travel out of country, moving to another state, etc.? unsure of what steps he might take or his intentions.

Are there any Court Orders, including support. And does he pay support?

Aug 15, 2008, 10:06 AM
    No there is no legal anything and no support.

Aug 15, 2008, 10:09 AM
    Moving out of country
    Considering my situation, ( no legal aggreements established, including paternity) is it legal for me to move out of country, even if I am unable to get residency at this time, but am able to stay in the country that I want to for long periods? What makes a place considered the child's place of residence? And how does the jurisdiction work then? And what about the ideal situation being to move back and forth between two places each year? Are there any drawbacks to working with him and allowing him a regular routine visitation while it is possible, can he hold me to it year-round then, or can I establish my own routine that he has to abide by, and if I acknowledge him as her father verbally, does that give him rights to say anything about international travel, or is it the actual legal system that gives him the rights? I know it is a lot, thank you.
    '

Aug 15, 2008, 10:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Until and unless the father gains joint custody with a visitation schedule, you have complete freedom. Once he gets the court to award those things, your freedom will be curtailed by the terms of the court order.
    Yes, this is helpful, thank you
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2008, 12:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem

Then, as Scott (and others) said - you have complete freedom to move around as you wish. Of course, once the father files for visitation (and if he does he will be ordered to pay support), then there will be some restraints on you.

But in the meantime all decisions concerning your child are entirely yours.
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2008, 01:30 PM
    This post needs combined with the other started on the same topic. Then everyone can see the entire situation and give better answers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Freedom [ 7 Answers ]

I feel like I have no freedom and no life. I'm sixteen and I have never partied or gone clubbing before. I've never drank, done drugs, smoked, or had sex. I'm a good girl, and I want to keep it that way. The PROBLEM is my parents are so strict on me. I am taking an ACT PREP class and they are...

Religious Freedom [ 16 Answers ]

I have been reading where the IRS has been investigating more churches for getting involved in Politics by indorcing canidates or by telling people to vote for people that have certain beleifs ( and other reasons) that violate IRS rules and regulatoins. Does this not violate the churches...

Psp_monsterhunter freedom [ 1 Answers ]

I got a usb cord and everything but I don't know how to get my game online with it Pless help:D :D

What is freedom? [ 11 Answers ]

Would the last man on earth be free? Does freedom and independence mean you are not dependent upon others for survival? If a master of slaves is dependent upon his slaves to do what he requires and needs to live... is he really free and independent?

Degree of freedom [ 2 Answers ]

What is the number of translational,rotational and vibrational degree of freedom in carbondioxide molecule? Plzz help me in solving this question...

View more questions Search