Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Albino Volcanoe Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2008, 03:38 PM
    Friends girl friend diagnosed with vaginosis bacteria
    I have a good friend that's girl friend was recently diagnosed with vaginosis bacteria and is worried that he may have it but is embarrassed to go see his doctor so he asked me and I said I would check into it so what he asked is what are the symptoms in a male and how bad is it if untreated. I am trying to get him to go see his doctor but I can at least give him some temporary relief and good ideas until he gets the courage to see him thanks
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 25, 2008, 04:08 PM
    It is not clear whether bacterial vaginosis is sexually transmitted, but it can be associated with other sexually transmitted diseases. It is more common in women with multiple sexual partners and it often develops soon after intercourse with a new partner. Bacterial vaginosis is relatively common among women with female partners, where the condition may be triggered by the insertion of fingers or shared sex toys.

There is no condition equivalent to bacterial vaginosis in men. Bacterial vaginosis can occur in monogamous relationships, and it can occur even when the woman's partners always use condoms.

So, it seems that a sexual partner doesn't "give" a woman bacterial vaginosis, but it occurs as a result of sexual contact.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bacterial vaginosis [ 5 Answers ]

Last Thursday I was diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis, my doctor gave me metronidazole to take twice a day for a week and my urine hasn't lightened up and I still have a odor.. my doctor sent out tests for chlamydia and ghonnerhea I will receive those shortly. I'm confused how I could have gotten...

Bacteria h. Pylori I want to know detail about this bacteria? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know about bacteria h.pylori >Moved from Forum Help<

Bacterial Vaginosis [ 29 Answers ]

I have a lot of discharge and fishy smell. About 5 yrs ago I noticed it for the 1st time. I was treated then for BV. It never really went away and I went to 4 other doctors within about 3years and they all told me I was fine and that everything was normal. I totally disagree. This cannot be...

Bacterial Vaginosis and HIV [ 4 Answers ]

I'm a 27 year old women living in the tropics... and a few weeks ago I was diagnoised with BV and Flagyl 400, Batrafen Vaginal Cream along with Fluconozole were prescribed by my Dr. I was doing my own research and read a blog where someone said that BV was a symptom of HIV... NOW I'M WORRIED LIKE...

Problems with a friend that is a girl [ 8 Answers ]

Ok, I have this friend we will call her "L". I have known her since high school and she is like my best girlfriend, but last night got a bit out of control. She has a boyfriend, and we have never hooked up or anything like that, but her EX boyfriend of 3 YEARS is a PSYCHO!! She still talks to this...

View more questions Search