Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iwuntmcdonalds Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2007, 05:35 PM
    Bacterial vaginosis
    Last Thursday I was diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis, my doctor gave me metronidazole to take twice a day for a week and my urine hasn't lightened up and I still have a odor.. my doctor sent out tests for chlamydia and ghonnerhea I will receive those shortly. I'm confused how I could have gotten BV and if it could be from tampon use, because I got my period three times this month and I sleep with tampons in.. And I was wondering if that may of caused it? Or if it could really be an STD?:confused:
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Oct 2, 2007, 05:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by iwuntmcdonalds
    last thursday i was diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis, my doctor gave me metronidazole to take twice a day for a week and my urine hasn't lightened up and i still have a odor.. my doctor sent out tests for chlamydia and ghonnerhea i will recieve those shortly. i'm confused how i could have gotten BV and if it could be from tampon use, because i got my period three times this month and i sleep with tampons in.. and i was wondering if that may of caused it? or if it could really be an STD?:confused:
    Now I'm no woman, but isn't that dangerous! Doesn't it cause toxic shock syndrome or something!
    iwuntmcdonalds Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2007, 07:53 PM
    Yeah but I didn't have them in for more than 8 hours, I don't think.
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Oct 2, 2007, 08:02 PM
    I thought the limit was 4 hours. But I don't know, I just remember this stuff from health class.
    Blackbarbie823 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2010, 05:14 PM

Antibiotics like metronidazole that the doctor would prescribe you are not good in the long run. Yea, they treat the problem fro about a month but after that month it will come back. We have something called good and bad bacteria and the good bacteria is what your body needs to produce. However, by taking the antibiotics it kills both the good and bad bacteria so there is no good bacteria left in your system and that's why the BV would come back. What I did to treat my BV is I used the hydrogen peroxide and pretty much douched with that for about 3days straight as well as I was taking Probiotics, which was restoring my body with good bacteria which my body was lacking. It worked and until this day I have been BV free and just taking the probiotics everyday
    Blackbarbie823 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2010, 05:15 PM
    Antibiotics like metronidazole that the doctor would prescribe you are not good in the long run. Yea, they treat the problem for about a month but after that month it will come back. We have something called good and bad bacteria and the good bacteria is what your body needs to produce. However, by taking the antibiotics it kills both the good and bad bacteria so there is no good bacteria left in your system and that's why the BV would come back. What I did to treat my BV is I used the hydrogen peroxide and pretty much douched with that for about 3days straight as well as I was taking Probiotics, which was restoring my body with good bacteria which my body was lacking. It worked and until this day I have been BV free and just taking the probiotics everyday

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Questions about Bacteriel Vaginosis... [ 14 Answers ]

Okay so this is embarrassing but here goes... So I went to the doctors in August because I had a white discharge and a fishy odor. She diagnosed me with BV and gave me 1week worth of pills that I take twice a day. I took them as directed and immediately the odor went away but the discharge stayed....

Recurrent Bacterial Vaginosis - What to do? [ 18 Answers ]

I have been suffereing with recurrent BV for the past 6 months. I have had two separate treatments with the antibiotic metrodinazole (sp) - one treatment was for 1 week. The second treatment was for 2 full weeks. During treatment, the symptoms go away but they come right back within weeks of...

Bacterial Vaginosis [ 29 Answers ]

I have a lot of discharge and fishy smell. About 5 yrs ago I noticed it for the 1st time. I was treated then for BV. It never really went away and I went to 4 other doctors within about 3years and they all told me I was fine and that everything was normal. I totally disagree. This cannot be...

Bacterial Vaginosis and HIV [ 4 Answers ]

I'm a 27 year old women living in the tropics... and a few weeks ago I was diagnoised with BV and Flagyl 400, Batrafen Vaginal Cream along with Fluconozole were prescribed by my Dr. I was doing my own research and read a blog where someone said that BV was a symptom of HIV... NOW I'M WORRIED LIKE...

Bacterial infection [ 3 Answers ]

I had a bacterial vaginal infection diagnosed 2 weeks ago. Saw the dr. got medicine. It cleare d up, now it's back. I have another appt. next week, but why does this keep happening. I wash everyday, keep myself clean etc. :confused: :confused:

View more questions Search