Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeNe23 Posts: 31, Reputation: -1

Jun 14, 2008, 09:41 AM
    Bleeding for Almost a Month
    I have a history of irregular periods since I stopped the Depo shot in 2005... I have had 2regular periods out of the this year since January... The doctor took tests said its not hormone imbalance and Im not anemic. I got a pelvic ultrasound because I would get pains and I have a very small cyst on my left ovary and that my left ovary is the domanite ovary. So basically they couldn't figure out what was wrong and sent me home with a script for Ibuprofen 800. I have been lightly bleeding since May 24th... barely enough to feel a liner... Has anyone had this problem and what did you do?

Please HELP!:confused:
    CarrieJane1977 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2008, 02:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeNe23
    I have a history of irregular periods since I stopped the Depo shot in 2005....I have had 2regular periods out of the this year since January...The doctor took tests said its not hormone imbalance and Im not anemic. I got a pelvic ultrasound because i would get pains and I have a very small cyst on my left ovary and that my left ovary is the domanite ovary. So basically they couldnt figure out what was wrong and sent me home with a script for Ibuprofen 800. I have been lightly bleeding since May 24th...barely enough to feel a liner....Has anyone had this problem and what did you do?

Hi NeNe! I have an aunt who had the same problem, although she bled for a year straight, the doctors couldn't figure out how she was still alive! I bled one time for 3 weeks straight, sometimes it would be light and other times would bleed uncontrollably. I saw Doctors for this as well, and they have told me the same as you. It's normal, especially when there is a lot of stress in your life right now. Bear with it girl, I know what kind of a pain in the it id right now, but if it doesn't go away in another month I would suggest getting another Doctor. (a female one ;) )
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2008, 02:54 PM
    I have a history of irregular periods since I stopped the Depo shot in 2005....I have had 2regular periods out of the this year since January...The doctor took tests said its not hormone imbalance and Im not anemic. I got a pelvic ultrasound because i would get pains and I have a very small cyst on my left ovary and that my left ovary is the domanite ovary. So basically they couldnt figure out what was wrong and sent me home with a script for Ibuprofen 800. I have been lightly bleeding since May 24th...barely enough to feel a liner....Has anyone had this problem and what did you do?

Was this an external ultrasound or vaginal? Any mention about the uterine lining?

Jun 15, 2008, 04:37 PM
    Thanks CarrieJane... It was just a Pelvic ultrasound and they didn't say anything about a lining... I haven't been told much of anything of what it might be...
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2008, 04:49 PM
    Thanks CarrieJane...It was just a Pelvic ultrasound and they didnt say anything about a lining...I havent been told much of anything of what it might be....
    Sometimes there can be thickening to the uterine lining that can cause some bleeding... often a polyp as well... which is not uncommon. I'd let your doctor know and ask about having a vaginal ultrasound so they can get a better idea of a possible cause.

Jun 15, 2008, 04:57 PM
    Thanks a lot... that helps me have a better idea

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it common to have a 2 month notice to vacate on a month to month lease? [ 2 Answers ]

Can my landlord require me to give a 2 months notice to vacate even though my lease is month to month? It was in the lease which was originally a 1 year lease which after the year, change to month to month. I can see giving 60 days with the year lease, but not on a month to month.

Bleeding twice a month. [ 1 Answers ]

For the past 2 months I have had my regular period and about the end of the month I would start bleeding again for like 3 or 4 days... should I be worried?

Bleeding and cramps in middle of month. [ 5 Answers ]

I have been on birth control pills for about 3 years now. Im 20 years old. Last year, I had a miscarriage, even though I took my pill daily and at the same time, and 99% of the time, we use a condom, which makes me think either me or my partner are extremely fertile. My period is not due for...

Is it implantation bleeding or am I having two periods in one month? [ 3 Answers ]

hi =) I'm just new here. I had my period last 13 jan and had it for 3 days. (usually I have until 5 days). Then yesterday 29 jan, I had a spot, and today, I had another spot (brownish color). My fiancé and I are active (though its just a weekly thing) and we're both worried if I'm pregnant or...

View more questions Search