Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lrhall41 Posts: 123, Reputation: 6

Jun 9, 2008, 05:40 PM
    3 year old says "No school"
    My 3 year old grandaughter had to be placed at a day care center last week unexpectedly after her babysitter couldn't watch her anymore. Today, Monday is week 2 of this ordeal and she still says... "No school". This morning she had to be taken out of the car because she refused to get out. This is a nice place, that looks like a ranch, and has a backyard with animals, a great play area, and looks like a "farm". All the kids seem to be happy, but my grandaughter throws a fit when she gets there and cries and screams all the way to the "classroom". Of course I know that it only lasts for a few minutes until I leave, but I am still worried about her.
    When we pick her up in the afternoon, she seems to be happy, but the reports they give us, even though they seem to be OK, I don't think she is given all the attention that she needs. Of course, they want to make her independent and self-sufficient, and I think they encourage her to eat on her own and she doesn't eat a lot. When she gets home she is "famished". Her babysitter used to "help" her eat.
    She seems to be doing OK, but I wonder if I am over-reacting.
    My husband thinks that I am paranoid, but I think that I am just looking out for her.
    Any suggestions?
    Momma to three Posts: 53, Reputation: 14

Jun 9, 2008, 05:44 PM
    As a former teacher and daycare worker, I tend to agree with your husband. With a large class, no child can get the individual attention she might in a smaller group environment. At three years old, she should be able to eat well enough to eat a decent lunch that would keep her nourished. Do they provide an afternoon snack before the time she is picked up?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Intertherm Electric Furnace Blower works in "on" not in "auto" [ 6 Answers ]

I have an Intertherm Electric Furnace E2EB-015AH. I came home from work last night, turned the heat on and it didn't work as advertised. I could hear the relays clicking occasionally so I investigated a little and found the elements are heating up and cycling, the relay inside the thermostat cycles...

Part year "foreign income" [ 1 Answers ]

I am U.S. citizen, and I earned most of my money for a U.S.-based company while I was in the U.S. from January to June 2007 (>$10,000 U.S.). From October 2007 to December 2007, I earned money in Thailand (<$2000 U.S) for a non-U.S. based company (I began working for a new company and this money...

Is the "First Year Choice" applicalbe for children? [ 1 Answers ]

Experts, My case is I came to USA last August. My wife and kid came on Dec 2007. I can file tax as resident alien with "first year choice". But I can't add my kid as dependent because she is not resident alien. Can I add my kid or not? BTW, is the stimulus plan applicable for non-resident...

My Girlfriend of a year and a half.she wants a "break". [ 129 Answers ]

All right people. I'm feeling really down so I thought I'd come here to tell you my story and maybe get a bit of advice.. I've been going out with my girlfriend for a year and a half.. she's 15 and I'm 16. Our relationship had everything, we went to each other's house nearly every day, we went...

View more questions Search