Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RUSS6253 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2008, 11:03 PM
    Marriage betrayed after 25 years
    We have been married for 25 years one week ago I find out my wife has been a whore for most of those years she is 45 change of life is obvious, my question is will she ever stop being a whore,or is she doomed, has given up her family and grandkids to be with someone else.
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

May 11, 2008, 11:16 PM
    I'm sorry you are going through this most bitter of pains right now, and after so many years... You must be in a state of terror and shock.
    But, I'm not sure. Did she run out on the Kids/Grandkids? Has she left you for the other man? I think you are saying she's 45 and changed her life and its obvious why. I'm not sure if she is doomed, it does sound a little immature of her to leave the family behind. I think it would be nice if you could repost your question with a few more details and maybe refine your question to mean "Doomed" to be religious? Its hard to say someone is doomed especially if we don't know why they did or what they did etc...
    RUSS6253 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2008, 01:30 AM
    25 year marriage gone (more info)
    She came home one evening put her head in her hands and said(cryed) to myself and two daughters with granddaughters present aged 10mths & 4 years that she didn't want this life anymore,we were just stunned, since then (april 26) I have obtained information of numerous affairs, brothel activities in parks, pubs, and a lot of unsaviory stories, this all came from my daughter in law who was manipulated by my wife for 11 years after her mother died of cancer when she was 16. My question again will my wife realise what she has sacrificed and do you think she will want to come back to her family someday, I read that whores are associated with mental illness, but how do I get her the help she needs if this is true. Or like I said is she doomed!
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2008, 08:32 AM
    By whore you are saying that she sold herself for money? If this is the case, unless and until she decides to change her life style there is not a lot you can do except divorce her and cut her off from the kids. I do not advocate this lightly, but if she was a prostitute for many of your 25 years together then I don't see much else for you to do.
    thoughtiwastheman Posts: 114, Reputation: 22

May 12, 2008, 08:44 AM
    There's nothing you can do. Let her go and make sure those kids are well taken care of. Humans are free spirited people and as such we have the tendency to become selfish and do what we want without thinking of others. It seems like she allowed her indulges to take the best of her, or that she suffered greatly and became lost after her mother past away. I would see into it whether she gave up on life and her family because of the death of her mother instead of her just being a "whore" like you say. There is a huge problem here and I think she needs help unless this was the lifestyle she had always wanted but had been forced to submerge her desires because she got married and had a family. Don't be too quick to point the finger at her is all I'm saying. One question though, how was she before you guys got married? How did you meet her? Where did you meet her? Were you guys introduced by someone else? Answers to these questions could reveal a lot about the person she is, the person she was, and the person she has become. Good luck and make sure to keep a sharp mind for yourself and for what has remained of the family.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 12, 2008, 09:04 AM
    You have two choices, forgive and hope she changes, forgive and accept her behavior, or leave her,
    We can not tell you what you should do, for myself, I would expect she would be living elsewhere for now till things could be worked out
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2008, 03:13 PM
    Perhaps part mid-life crisis, part disappointment in you as a marriage partner.

When people stop and realize that they only have one life and youth has slipped away... that can create a lot of anxiety and prod a person to think about their present life and if they have any satisfaction and happiness.

Perhaps she is looking for something real that she feels she does not get from her *role* as wife and mother and grandmother... she may feel her real self slipping away and in desperation has moved on.

Tell me, were you or your wife drinkers?
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

May 12, 2008, 03:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux
    Perhaps part mid-life crisis, part disappointment in you as a marriage partner.

When people stop and realize that they only have one life and youth has slipped away...........that can create a lot of anxiety and prod a person to think about their present life and if they have any satisfaction and happiness.

Perhaps she is looking for something real that she feels she does not get from her *role* as wife and mother and grandmother....she may feel her real self slipping away and in desperation has moved on.

Tell me, were you or your wife drinkers?
    -----------
    He does say she has been doing this for the better part of 25yrs.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2008, 03:34 PM
    Yeah, but now she *left*...
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2008, 03:52 PM
    If I were you I would be more worried about myself. 1st I would start with a check up and make sure that she did not give me a STD. I would get involved in some type of counseling and take a real close look at myself and see how the heck I could be so blind as to not see this happening for all of these years. I would not concern myself with her getting help. Let her do that on her own, that is if she wants to.
    squeaks77 Posts: 113, Reputation: 19
    -

May 20, 2008, 05:50 PM
    Have you at least asked her about these "affairs"? Angry children lie all the time (not that yours are) but at least confront her about it and get her story.
    And.. . Have you been calling her a whore your whole marriage? Have you taken care of her needs or have you two become too comfortable and you assume she will always be there only because you are married?
    25 years is a lot of marriage to just walk away from.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loveless marriage for 50 years! [ 2 Answers ]

I am miserable with a husband.a good provider and good father for 50 years.but I never loved him I realize now I never should have married him!I try to keep myself busy but keep looking backwards.I have no feelings for him.cannot even touch him! I made a big mistake so many years ago.if this...

After 25 years of marriage, now what? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi: I'm looking into getting a divorce. After 25 years of marriage, we have lost the property and other assets we had due to business investment. The only thing left now (in form of assets) is a humanitarium grant that was awarded to my spouse for millions of dollars that has not been funded yet....

Divorce after 2 years of marriage [ 3 Answers ]

Hi All, I have been married for almost two years now. My husbands school girlfriend (call her LS) got pregnant with his baby about 3 months before we met. After we met, we just knew that we had a very strong attraction to each other. He however stayed with his girlfriend because of the child....

Divorce 2 years after marriage - French citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

My French husband and I (I am American) are considering getting a divorce. February 2006 will make 2 years since we got married, we have been living and working in Florida. I never applied for European working papers but am considering moving to Europe at this point. Does anyone know how long...

View more questions Search