Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jam4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2008, 02:25 PM
    Loveless marriage for 50 years!
    I am miserable with a husband.a good provider and good father for 50 years.but I never loved him I realize now I never should have married him!I try to keep myself busy but keep looking backwards.I have no feelings for him.cannot even touch him!
    I made a big mistake so many years ago.if this helps any young people who do not love their spouses and staying together for the sake of the children do not do it!
    All I still think about is my "lost love"when in my twenties.my children are all professionals and loving to both their parents and I do not think they realize our or my unhappy marriage. We do not share the same bedrooms for many years as such different interests TV./bedtimes etc.
    I have two dogs .my loves!! and focus.my grandchildren too!
    Thanks for sharing whatever!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2008, 03:19 PM
    Sounds like you live two separate lives and are nothing more than roommates. I think it is more common than people realize. Your sharing this is good but most kids think that love conquers all and they will win the other over only to end up in your exact situation years later.
    Sounds like you are maintaining well under the circumstances because you have made your life where you have your individuality. Often a woman ends up with a loveless marriage where the husband controls and dictates that she is not allowed to go see her children or grandchildren or have any life outside the home.

Why do you stay if you don't mind giving a general answer?
    Financial reasons, religious reasons or what?
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2008, 07:49 AM
    Common? Not really sure how common it is. However today's society promotes men to work so hard to get ahead that they often leave everything behind in that elusive search for the pot of gold. Maybe you should try some marriage counselling to try and rekindle what was lost over the years

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

After 25 years of marriage, now what? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi: I'm looking into getting a divorce. After 25 years of marriage, we have lost the property and other assets we had due to business investment. The only thing left now (in form of assets) is a humanitarium grant that was awarded to my spouse for millions of dollars that has not been funded yet....

Divorce after 2 years of marriage [ 3 Answers ]

Hi All, I have been married for almost two years now. My husbands school girlfriend (call her LS) got pregnant with his baby about 3 months before we met. After we met, we just knew that we had a very strong attraction to each other. He however stayed with his girlfriend because of the child....

Loveless heart [ 4 Answers ]

When will I ever get a boyfriend?

Divorce 2 years after marriage - French citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

My French husband and I (I am American) are considering getting a divorce. February 2006 will make 2 years since we got married, we have been living and working in Florida. I never applied for European working papers but am considering moving to Europe at this point. Does anyone know how long...

View more questions Search