Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grammalaura8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2008, 03:00 PM
    Bank Account for Estate of deceased
    I am co-executor of the will of my late husband and it may become necessary to open a bank account for the estate. What do I need to do? Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 29, 2008, 03:56 PM
    Normally a notice or letter from the probate judge showing who the executor of the estate is, and normally a EIN number from the IRS.
    You can call and get a number over the phone.

But you may tak to your bank, a small home town bank that knows everyone by name may require less.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Estate Bank Account investing? [ 2 Answers ]

My spouse passed away and received some of the checks came to "Estate of my spouse name" I opened the estate account in a local bank near by and it is only 0.10 % interest earning. Can I invest any other institution to earn more money? Also my spouse had a brokerage bank account(ChxScx)...

Opening an estate bank account [ 2 Answers ]

Ok here's my situation. I need to open an estate bank account so that I can start paying off my deceased dads accounts. The problem? My credit stinks royally and no bank will let me open an account because I can't pass a credit check. SOOOOO now what? Is there a loop hole somewhere? Can I have...

Estate Bank Account [ 1 Answers ]

In New York state how long must the estate bank account be kept open for? Paul

Estate Bank Account Access [ 2 Answers ]

My brother and I are the administrators of my mothers estate. We had to probate the estate and opened a bank account. Instead of paying every bill out of the estate with a check, we withdrew the money and made the payments ourselves. Also, I got out money to keep aside to pay bills in case my...

Deceased bank account. [ 2 Answers ]

My mother recently passed away. My father has also passed away. My mother and younger brother were receiving social security benefits checks from my father. Both checks were for the month of January (she was living) and social security claims that they can not take the checks and re-issue them...

View more questions Search