Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kitten94515 Posts: 115, Reputation: 4

Mar 20, 2008, 11:03 AM
    craving affection
    affection.
    since I broke up with my boyfriend, I feel lonely every now and then.
    and I begin cravong affection.
    and it sucks.
    how do I get it off my mind?
    and I don't know what to do with my life.
    :o
    &&& I sound retarted. ^^
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2008, 11:06 AM
    A man isn't going to be everything in a woman's life.

Your passions are important
    Your friends are important
    Your family is important
    Your education is important
    Your job is important (if you have one)
    Your beliefs are important (if you're religious)

See? I just listed 6 things that are most significant in your life. Don't let some guy overrule them.

*If you want affection, get a puppy or kitten. They're great for that!
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Mar 20, 2008, 11:14 AM
    Find some situations where you can GIVE affection and it will be immediately and completely returned and appreciated... OTHER than dating.

Candy-striping, volunteering at a family aid shelter, working in children's center, Girl Scouts... find something loving to give your attention too, that should provide an outlet at least.
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

Mar 20, 2008, 11:50 AM
    Jesus Christ is your answer!

Mar 20, 2008, 12:15 PM
    I want a pet and my dad said I can get one in a month.
    I was like that won't help in a month!!
    But no I am actually scared I won't get another boyfriend.
    I know that's normal, but still.
    ]:
    And my church is too far away for me to go to.
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

Mar 20, 2008, 02:07 PM
    Jesus fills that empty hole that you feel inside you.. no one can ever fill that. Just by simply getting another boyfriend won't fill that emptyness. You don't have to go to church to have a relationship with Christ..

Just excepting him in your heart, having a relationship with him and asking for forgivness of your sins through him is what christianity is about. Church is important for fellowship and growth but is not essential with Jesus Christ.
    blk_beauty Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Mar 20, 2008, 06:03 PM
    When me and my bf of 8yrs broke up I felt the same way and I was very depressed, and I must agree with plonak, I allowed Jesus into my life! I didn't know what else to do I was so sad and depressd, so I started praying and decided the only way for me to be happy is to live a saved life, and honestly I haven't had a boyfriend since, haven't sinned and had sex and God has been truly blessing me. I ask God to send me a Good ,saved, not bf but husband! And until God sends him I'll stay single

Mar 21, 2008, 06:50 AM
    You do know I'm 13 right?
    Because umm I believe in god. And when I was little I went to church and I used to pray.
    But I really don't think that will help me.
    I feel jealousy;; dissapointment and forgotten;;
    Yeah so...
    mafiaangel180 Posts: 629, Reputation: 103

Mar 21, 2008, 07:13 AM
    Two words...

Truck stop.

Lol. All joking aside... yes I'm joking!.

It's normal to want to connect with someone. And usually (most times) affection is the number one thing that women look for. But unfortunately, sex is usually the number one thing men look for. And if you look for affection from a guy, he will no doubt want to take it to the next level, and at 13, that's not territory I would advise you enter into. I would say your best bet is to definitely just love yourself. Pamper yourself. Do you things you enjoy, and treat yourself like a princess. But at the same time, connect with friends, family, volunteering, and pets. Hopefully that will fill some of the emptiness.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2008, 08:12 AM
    Visit your library; check for Susan Jeffers, Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway; the answers by beautifulb and mafia are great.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Minimise craving for alcohol [ 6 Answers ]

Has anyone heard of or used any herbal products that minimise the craving for alcohol .

Alienation of affection [ 3 Answers ]

Can one sue someone for alienation of affection

Craving to exercise [ 2 Answers ]

I really need to start exercising but have a really hard time staying committed to anything. So how can I keep myself motivated to exercise?? *and also, will exercising make dark circles under my eyes go away?

Craving salt. [ 40 Answers ]

Hi Y'all, I'm probably not posting this in the right area... AND I am probably overreacting. A few months ago, my hubby and I were giving tests in relation to fertility. Everything came back OK with me except low sodium lvls (Doctor said it wasn't anything to be concerned about because the...

Pregnant and craving! [ 1 Answers ]

Lol, sorry about the title.. I had no way of putting it nicely. Anywhoo, I'm pregnant w/ my fourth child, and I am extremely horny this time around (w/ the last pregnancies, I was a prude). Needless to say, my husband is happy to oblige. I just have a few things stopping me.. 1. my huge...

View more questions Search