Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dirk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2006, 12:05 PM
    Basement plumbing
    I want to install a shower, toilette and hand basin in the basement. I don't have a roughed in basement so I need an answer to a drain question. I have a sump pump in one corner and an ejector pump in the other corner close to the furnase. At the furnase there's a drainpipe connected to the drain with the ejector pump. My question: Can I and may I join a 4" drainpipe to the hole where this ejector pump is in - (sorry I don't know what you call this hole in the concreate with th ejector pump in it) and how should I do it. I assume I need to cut the concrete but how deep should I join the pipe and could I use the ejector pump or should I get another kind of pump?

Thanks and I appreciate your help.

Dirk
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 2, 2006, 12:30 PM
    Hi Dirk,

I hear sump pump. I hear ejecter pump. I hear drainpipe connected to the drain with the ejector pump but nowhere do I hear holding tank or any mention of a vent. I don't hear anything about a connection between the ejector pump and the main sewer line.
    You ask, " Can I and may I join a 4" drainpipe to the hole where this ejector pump is in? I assume I need to cut the concrete but how deep should I join the pipe and could I use the ejector pump or should I get another kind of pump?"
    It isn't going to be that easy Dirk. You will have to jack hammer up the basement floor to rough in the fixtures that you wish to install. If all you have is a ejector pump,( is this also a grinder pump?) and no holding tank then you'll have to run a dedicated vent out the roof for the holding tank plus each fixture that's trapped will have to be vented. So far all you've given me is two pumps. Do you have anything else? I'll wait on your answer. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Basement plumbing [ 2 Answers ]

My house was built in 1950. The finished basement has a room that had a kitchen sink in it. At the (insistent) request of my wife, I removed the kitchen sink so we could move our washer/dryer in there. The drain for the kitchen sink is located on the basement floor. The drain is a cast iron...

Basement plumbing [ 1 Answers ]

I have a basement I want to finish were the plumbing is roughed in. They have 4 drain pipes in a row. One is 3 inches, two are two inches and one is one and a half inch. I figure one is for a shower , one is for a sink one is for the toilet, but what is the one and a half inch pipe for?

New basement plumbing [ 5 Answers ]

I am planning on putting a bathroom in the basement. My ejector pit currently services a floor drain into which runs condensate from the central air as well as water from the central humidifier. I would like to install a toilet, sink, and shower. Do these each need separate connections to the...

Basement plumbing [ 10 Answers ]

I have an unfinished basement and I am planning to do the following: 1. install a french drain around the entire perimeter.With an opening along the base of the wall to catch any seepage that drips down the wall. 2. move the washer and dryer 25 feet from the sewer line.NOTE: the sewer line is...

Basement Plumbing [ 1 Answers ]

I'm presently trying to finish a bathroom in a basement that was started by a previous home owner, and want to move the shower location. The drainage is roughed into the concrete slab. There is a 4" (toilet drain), and two 2" drains (sink and shower). I want to move the shower location to where...

View more questions Search