Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tylkrn Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Feb 11, 2008, 07:22 AM
    My dad was murderd
    My dad was murdered on January 21, 2006 and it has been over 2 years and we still haven't had a trial yet. The 2 guys who killed him are in jail but I'm scared that we will never go to trial... im 17 now and my dad won't be there to walk me down the asile when I get married, or when I get my licenses, or when I turn 21 to take me out drinking... I need some closure and some answers... please help me
    lengkyx Posts: 67, Reputation: 3

Feb 15, 2008, 11:25 PM
    I'm sorry about your loss.

I hope this link will be able to help. Happy valentines!

Margarita Holmes :: Subscribe
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 16, 2008, 09:07 AM
    I am sorry for your loss, It can often take years to get murder trials to court, and depending on the evidence available, sometimes the person who killed them are never sent to prison, But I know this does not help, but them going to prison does not give you closure it merely punishes them. And often there is never any answers. Sorry not what you are looking for but at times we have to work at getting closure within ourself.
    Robert Brenner Posts: 53, Reputation: 13

Feb 16, 2008, 10:57 AM
    Tylkrn,
    As Fr_chuck says, punishing them will not help. That what you need will only come from you, from within. Through meditation and just be quiet and liten, you will find the answers. Please feel free to contact me anytime if you need to talk.
    My son was killed in a car crash, age 20, hit head on by a drunken driver.
    He was stopped at a four way stop sign. I never knew who the driver is or what ever happened to him in regards to this, except that was ejected from the marine corp. due to this. I only share thi with you to allow you know that UNDERSTANDING WHY is a long process.
    In light love and peace, Robert
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 17, 2008, 02:30 AM
    First let me say that I have no expertise in this field. But my heart sure goes out to you, and I'm so sorry you lost your Dad to such a hideous crime. Just from experience hun, the best thing you can do for YOURSELF, is to forgive these men. I know that sounds ludicrious and really stupid, and very hard to do. It doesn't mean saying what they did was okay, in any way, shape, or form! Only that you get piece of mind for YOU! You already know that they are probably not sitting in prison thinking about how much YOU hurt, so don't let them control how you live your life now... don't give them the control. All that does is give THEM another victim. Don't let it be you.

As for your Dad not being there in "the flesh" for you... trust me, he will be there in spirit honey. He will be watching you at your graduation, he will be holding your hand while you're walking down the isle, he will protect you when you get yourself in trouble... and when you have your first baby?. watch when he/ she seems to be talking or giggling with someone that isn't there (or you can't see) it will be your Dad playing with him.

Loads of hugs... and I sure hope your Dad gets the justice he deserves, and that you get the piece of mind that you deserve!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My son needs his new dad to be dad [ 3 Answers ]

Can antone tell me if my partner can adopt my son. His natural father has never been around he's not on the birth certificate, it just states father unknown. I don't know where he is or how to contract him. When I was pregnant he want a test to prove if he was the dad or not which was never done

My stepdaughter dad, isn't really her dad, and I want to adopt her [ 3 Answers ]

My wife and I are trying to get some insight on how to go about telling her exhusband that I want to adopt her /his daughter, 8yrs old with him knowing that he wasn't really the father in the first place. He agreed to raise her knowing that he wasn't her real dad, ( bio is completely out of the...

Looking For My Dad [ 4 Answers ]

The last time I saw my dad I was 5 years old:( . I'm now (at 19) trying to find him again. I have gone to many sites (peoplelookup.com, peoplefinders.com, Yahoo people search, find.intelius etc) the thing is is that I don't want to pay money for something that's not going to work; it's not the...

I'm looking for my Dad. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am looking for my Dad. I haven't seen him for about twelve years and the last I heard was that he moved to New Zealand with his new partner. Unfortunately the informants I have are not the best and I have no idea how true this is... His name is Andrew Walker and he is from Nottingham. He...

How can I help my dad? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I don't know how to help my dad. He's very very sick, and in ICU at MCG. He's been there for 2 weeks and the only thing that they can tell us is they found a spot in his left lung. I think that is might be a form of mesothemioma, and whenever I try to talk to the doctors and tell thiem...

View more questions Search