Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    csjulian Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2008, 09:41 AM
    Raise closet flange on cast iron pipe
    I am installing a new hardwood floor in my bathroom and a new wc. The waste line is cast iron.
    What is the simplest way to raise the flange the 3/4" (I think) to accommodate the new floor?
    Thanks
    Steve
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2008, 09:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by csjulian
    I am installing a new hardwood floor in my bathroom and a new wc. The waste line is cast iron.
    What is the simplest way to raise the flange the 3/4" (I think) to accomodate the new floor?
    Thanks
    Steve
    If we're talking only 3/4 of an inch, then you can get by using a single fatter wax ring with a plastic horn and 1 regular one without a plastic horn.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 14, 2008, 10:05 AM
    Yep, doubling would work fine or you could add a PVC spacer ring on the flange.
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2008, 10:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1
    Yep, doubling would work fine or you could add a PVC spacer ring on the flange.
    A PVC spacer would be even better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Offset Closet Flange for Cast Iron? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, My cast iron waste pipe centerline is 11 inches from the finished wall. It worked with my old toilet (since disposed of) but won't work for my new Kohler. Is there an offset for cast iron that is easy to install? BTW, the floor was tiled and the old closet flange had an extra flange as a...

Can you connect a cast iron closet flange to an ABS Pipe? [ 9 Answers ]

I have to move my toilet over an inch from the wall per inspector's request. I have searched the internet and have not found an ABS offset closet flange that would work for me. I did however find a cast iron flange that measures 4" x 2" (Jones Stephens Corp. Model # C44-420). Is it at all...

Cast iron toilet flange the bolt holes will not hold how do we fix it and the flange [ 1 Answers ]

We have a cast iron flange and the bolt holes are not useable can we cut off the top and add a new plastic flange

View more questions Search