Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lalo1988 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2007, 01:01 AM
    My school is kicking me out for being to old I'm 19
    My school withdrew me during the summer without informing me AT ALL!! They say because I'm to old? I just terned 19 "sence i didnt know i got kicked out""i went to school on the first day" just to be kicked out!! I skiped junior year and went directly to senior year last year and I'm was supposed to finish high school this December, but now I can't becous IM 19. But I know allot of students who are 19-20 years old at my school right now but I'm the only one who is to OLD!! >:-(
    -I plan on pressing charges against the school "DO U THINK I HAVE A GOOD ENOUGH CASE"-
    "To Take This To Court"??
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2007, 01:16 AM
    I don't know that I would go so far as trying to press charges. What grounds would you have to do such a thing? What do your parents or guardians have to say about this?
    wickedimp Posts: 57, Reputation: 14

Aug 21, 2007, 02:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lalo1988
    my school withdrew me during the summer without informing me AT ALL!!!! Thay say becouse im to old? I just terned 19 "sence i didnt know i got kicked out""i went to school on the first day" just to be kicked out!!! I skiped junior year and went directly to senior year last year and im was supposed to finish high school this December, but now I can't becous IM 19. But I know allot of students who are 19-20 years old at my school right now but im the only one who is to OLD!!!! >:-(
    -I plan on pressing charges against the school "DO U THINK I HAVE A GOOD ENOUGH CASE"-
    "To Take This To Court"???????
    I'm not sure where you're from, UK, US, Other perhaps. You'll find that there are various laws or at least statutes regulating both mandatory education and optional education. I remember when I was of a school age here in the UK, I was entitled to FREE education up to the age of nineteen.

Of course, I love to learn so took full advantage of that... I hope too that you will find a suitable resolution to your problem. Remember, education is one of the most valuable things you will ever own in your life.
    hilaryfortnum Posts: 49, Reputation: 4

Aug 21, 2007, 05:22 AM
    I agree that an education would be very useful to you. I think you should perhaps write a stern letter to the school.

Tip - use a spell checker or perhaps get an adult to check it for you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 21, 2007, 05:50 AM
    I am glad to see you are interested in your education. With that you can not "press" charges, since this would not be a cimrinal issue.
    Your first step would be to have your parents arrange a meeting with the principal and if that does not work, then appeal to the school board.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 21, 2007, 06:40 AM
    There is no way for us to know whether you have a case or not without knowing the exact reason the school kicked you out and what the local rules are.

Your first step is to go to the school with your parents or guardian and get an official explanation with a copy of the rules they used to justify their action. From there you can figure out how to proceed.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2007, 06:55 AM
    You should qualify for adult education. Call your school and inquire with them and get set up for the GED.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2007, 07:22 AM
    Most high schools in the US have a general rule that when a student reaches the age of 19 (in some states 20) they are no longer eligible for traditional high school. However as Emland said you would be eligible for adult education and would be able to complete high school that way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Night school for high school-aged people [ 15 Answers ]

I heard about there being night school for high school kids. In fact, I think a friend of a friend went to night school when I was in jr. high. I've searched Google, and can't find any listings or info for night schools in PA. Does anyone know if they exist for high schoolers, and where I could...

Boyfriend is kicking me out can he do this [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend is kicking me out of the apt we both moved into at the same time but I wasn't here when he sighned the lease how many days do I have till I have to leave I don't have really anywhere to go and we just moved in on July 3 2007 what's the law?

AC condenser not kicking on. [ 1 Answers ]

I live in SW Florida and yeasterday there was a power outage that left us without power for some time. FPL said that there was a main line that was tken down by a tree. We did not immediately turn the AC on after the power came back on (the thermostat was off when power returned). We turned it...

Kicking a child out [ 6 Answers ]

My parents still have my 37 year old brother still living at home. They were told by him that since he is getting his mail there, even if he is not paying rent, he is a renter and that they cannot just kick him out. Is this true?

Blower kicking on/off [ 3 Answers ]

Hi folks, 1st time I've used the internet for asking questions. Have Bryant furnace. Blower is running,but, is stopping and starting, it sounds like "thumping" in the attic, continuously throughout the cycle. Even after the cycle stops it continues to "thump". This happens for both the furnace and...

View more questions Search