Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daun33 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2007, 04:51 AM
    Boyfriend is kicking me out can he do this
    My boyfriend is kicking me out of the apt we both moved into at the same time but I wasn't here when he sighned the lease how many days do I have till I have to leave I don't have really anywhere to go and we just moved in on July 3 2007 what's the law?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2007, 05:31 AM
    Hello daun:

The law may not help you, because you didn't do what you needed to do so the law COULD protect your rights.

Legally, you're a tenant and are entitled to 30 days notice. However, you may not be able to prove it. If you can't, the law will consider you a trespasser and you aren't entitled to ANY notice before you're put out.

I realize that you have nowhere to go, but a shelter might be preferable to living where you're not wanted.

excon
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2007, 05:36 AM
    So your name is not on the lease, just your boyfriend. Is that right? Then you could be evicted within 72 hours, or sooner. The law may not be on your side on this. Do you want to fight this? Contact an attorney and at least find out what your rights are. Pack your belongings just in case you are not allowed to stay.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2007, 05:40 AM
    If you have to leave, don't forget to take everything you came with, knife, forks, spoon, food, towel, containers, pictures, furniture, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kicking out a roommate not on lease [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my best friend moved into a huge house together. We moved in one of our good friends and things have just not worked out. Her boyfriend moved in and stole from us, we had to call the cops on her for attacking us. We told her that since her boyfriend moved in (for 2 months now) that they...

Roommate is kicking me out [ 5 Answers ]

Hello , I have a very specific problem . I have been living in this house with a roommate 2-3 years now... I NEVER signed a lease it is under my roommates name. The past year she got a boyfriend who has been in our house EVERYDAY since then . They got married and he is living with us . We had...

AC condenser not kicking on. [ 1 Answers ]

I live in SW Florida and yeasterday there was a power outage that left us without power for some time. FPL said that there was a main line that was tken down by a tree. We did not immediately turn the AC on after the power came back on (the thermostat was off when power returned). We turned it...

Kicking a child out [ 6 Answers ]

My parents still have my 37 year old brother still living at home. They were told by him that since he is getting his mail there, even if he is not paying rent, he is a renter and that they cannot just kick him out. Is this true?

Blower kicking on/off [ 3 Answers ]

Hi folks, 1st time I've used the internet for asking questions. Have Bryant furnace. Blower is running,but, is stopping and starting, it sounds like "thumping" in the attic, continuously throughout the cycle. Even after the cycle stops it continues to "thump". This happens for both the furnace and...

View more questions Search