Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lunalieben Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2007, 01:22 PM
    Need a little French translation
    Hello,

I am trying to translate a song (for the fun of it and to help me with learning French) and I'm stuck on some of the lines. It's a Natasha St. Pier song, "Tu trouveras." Can someone please translate for me: " J'ai tellement peur que tu me laisses, Sache que si j'en fais toujours trop, C'est pour qu'un peu tu me restes."

Thanks!

lunalieben
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2007, 02:09 PM
    Well babelfish translates it to this:

I am afraid so much that you me leashes, Knows that if I always do too much of it, It is so that a little you me remainders.
    Which doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but perhaps if you apply it to the context of the rest of the song you can figure it out. It's obviously a literal translation, which doesn't account for language and grammar intricacies. Especially since the French like to speak so it sounds good, not so it makes perfect sense! :)
    kepi Posts: 321, Reputation: 25

Jun 20, 2007, 10:07 PM
    I'm almost fluent in French, and here's what it says. However, the stuff in bold doesn't make sense to me.

J'ai tellement peur que tu me laisses, Sache que si j'en fais toujours trop, C'est pour qu'un peu tu me restes."

I am afraid of you leaving me. Know that if I always do so much of it*, it is so that a little bit of you can stay with me (?)

*Not sure what the "en" refers to.

Give me some time to think about this- I've started Nursing school and my brain is fried right now. :-P
    kepi Posts: 321, Reputation: 25

Jun 21, 2007, 08:02 PM
    Please know that if I always do too much (overact) , it's ( in the hope ) that you will remain with me a little (with me a little).
    That's what it says.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you translate an English phrase into French? [ 6 Answers ]

I want to translate a true love doesn't judge in french

Translation into French for wedding speech [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Can anyone help translate the following into French for a best man's speech... someone with French as mother tongue would be ideal ! 1. The toast is to the bride and groom 2. I must apologise that my French is not so good - so, for those of you who don't speak a lot of English, let me...

Quick French translation [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, Can someone give me an approximate translation of the question "Will you give me any little details into the insanity that is your life?" I know this may be idiomatic, but it is for a casual correspondence with someone I use the "tu" form with. Thanks! Sanura Y.

Need translation english to french [ 2 Answers ]

Hey how do you translate these: I'm a student of "college name" This semester is a little bit difficult I study biology and philosophy I major in nursing I speak 4 languages:D

Can French citizen applying for US citizenship keep French nationality too? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Experts, I am a French citizen with a green card since 1997, that I obtained through marriage. I have been living in the US since then and I would like to apply to a US citizenship but keep my French citizenship as well. Is this possible? Also, I am now separated from my husband. Can I...

View more questions Search