Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ehgc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2006, 12:32 PM
    1991 G-20 chevy van 5.7
    I went out to start van nothing happens .changed battery checked all wiring still nothing.dome light,horn ,and head light work.any suggestions to help me out thanks ed
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2006, 02:26 PM
    First, take a digital multimeter and check all under-hood and under-dash fuses. Second, I would see if the starter circuit contains a fusible link or other breaker, which could be preventing the starter motor from receiving current. If all of that checks out OK, then I would focus on the starter solenoid and starter motor. You first need to get your van to crank.
    ehgc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2006, 12:56 PM
    What is and where is the crank fuse on my 91 chevy g-20 van 5.7

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 Problems 1991 Honda CRX [ 2 Answers ]

1. Runs hot (almost overheats) in hot weather--only when the air conditioning is on. 2. Brake pedal very spongy/goes all the way to the floor, only in hot weather and car is warmed up (and even then not all the time). Otherwise the brakes work fine. Any ideas?

1991 Honda Civic [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 1991 Honda Civic,4 Cylinder, Standard 5 Speed Transmission, 4-Door, not an SI, with 95,000 miles on it. I just recently purchased it. It will crank but will not start. I have a friend who is a mechanic, and he has been trying to get it running for me (for free) but I am getting...

1991 civic dx problem [ 1 Answers ]

My 91 Civic DX is having troubles starting. When I turn the key, the engine cranks, but it does start. Also, as its cranking, I can hear little back fires coming from the muffler. I checked the ECU in the floor and the light would blink once, pause, blink 7 times, pause, blink 10 times, pause,...

1991 nissan pathfinder [ 2 Answers ]

O.K. this is beyond us we have tried everything we can think of. After an hour of running it will start "bumping" if you turn the truck off it will not start back up for about an hour. Any ideas PLEASE:confused: & Thanks P.S. the computer says everything is running right so it is no help at all....

Need for 79 chevy [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find a diagram of the wiring harness for 1979 3/4 ton 4*4 chevy pickup I need to know which wires run to the starter and which post on the starter do they go to Thank you Josh

View more questions Search