Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loveless044 Posts: 70, Reputation: 2

Aug 30, 2010, 01:46 PM

Does that help to open up pores and clean out the dirt and oils?

Aug 30, 2010, 01:48 PM

I forgot something important. Wash your face with warm water and the soap. Rinse the soap with warm water. The last rinse should use cold/cool water.
    Does that help open up the pores to clean out the dirt and oils?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2010, 05:39 PM

Yep. The warm water opens them and the cold/cool water closes them.

I think I forgot to mention that foamy shaving creame will work to remove oils too. It also cleans reading glasses very well. It evaporates quickly too. It's just not anti-bacterial.

I'll almost bet that wash and dry might be discontinued. Not sure though. Would have to make a phone call. It doesn't appear to be on clorox's website anymore.

In liew of the wash and dry, can you mix up a small bottle of 1/3 Cepecol mouthwash, 1/3 Witch Hazel and 1/3 water and get some gauze pads.

That solution should be antibacterial, but just a bit awkward to use.

The best way to mix the solution when using it for a creame rinse for the hair. It can strip the oils from the hair really well is to premix 1/2 Cepecol and 1/2 Witch hazel. I put this in a Labeled Cepecol bottle that says "NOT MOUTHWASH".

I then pour 2/3 of the mix in the "Cepecol bottle Cap" and add 1/3 warm water from the shower and use it as a hair rinse.

The cold solution used with gauze pads should not be a problem.

Sep 3, 2010, 01:36 PM

Okay thanks

Sep 5, 2010, 01:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I also found that I used to lean my chin on my palm, sort of rub my face now and then, and the Doctor told me this is a very good way to cause breakouts. His advice? Keep your hands off your face!
    I recently started using foundation on my face, so I try not to touch my face so that I don't mess up my make-up or get it on my clothing. And I wash my face really well before I put it on. Having started doing this, I don't touch my face and already I have seen a reduction in the amount of pimples on my face. Barely any at all... But I still have been drinking a lot of sodas... They seem to have no affect on my skin.
    delmarria Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2010, 09:35 PM
    Soda DOES ruin your skin... there's been a recent study about how certain foods affect the skin, and soda seems to be a direct correlation to acne. Also, sweets and "fat" food (like greasy pizza and french fries) affect the skin.

Now, please READ THIS!!
    The reason why you say that when you stop drinking soda, your acne gets worse, is because your body has grown so accustomed to soda that it reacts when your conditions are changed. SO, if you stop drinking soda for a while (like 2 or 3 weeks maybe, depending on your body), your acne will improve. A lot.

I also had acne problems. When I stopped drinking soda and eating sweets, at first my skin was also... pretty bad. After 2 weeks, my skin was completely clear. After 2 months of eating healthy, I've decided not to go back.

Please do yourself a favor and start eating healthy. Your skin and body will thank you.
    Mini_Her Posts: 145, Reputation: 4

Sep 14, 2010, 12:23 AM

Accutane works wonders for me. I've been on Accutane for 5 months, this is my last month. I have used EVERYTHING else. They gave me temporary results, but eventually make acne always came back. Now that I am on Accutane I swear by it!
    pinkangelgirl Posts: 45, Reputation: 8

Sep 27, 2010, 11:26 PM

Diet is the key to clear skin. Get rid of the processed foods, and full fat dairy. Sugar is the worst for acne. Think raw vegetable juices and plenty of water, salads, fresh fruit, essential fatty acids are very important for healthy skin, flaxseed oil is a good source. Yes taking care of your skin on the outside helps but nothing works better than cleaning up your diet. You do need patience but it will work. There are also herbs you can take to help balance your hormones if you think your acne is related. Liver nearly always plays a role in skin problems so research on how to take care of your liver. I recommend seeing a naturopath or nutritionist to help deal with the cause of your condition. Good luck and keep us updated.
    lJ. Posts: 446, Reputation: 21

Sep 28, 2010, 02:33 PM

Ask your dermatologist if you can try other medicine. I have one called evoclin, and there are others that may work better, but if you have acne they should try to help you.

St. Ives Apricot Scrub is good too. My brother and I use it, and he had severe acne and it helped clear it up, along with medicine.

Good luck!

Oct 3, 2010, 10:54 AM

Thanks lJ
    lJ. Posts: 446, Reputation: 21

Oct 3, 2010, 03:39 PM

Sure. Also, there is another medicine for acne called benza-clin. Although I cannot recommend any medicine for you, you would have to consult your dermatologist to determine if you have acne and then find a medicine fit for your skin issue. Hopefully it's just pimples that you can clear your skin of by caring for it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using acne home remedy and a store acne product at the same time. [ 6 Answers ]

Ok,Is it bad to use fresh garlic to try to cure acne while using an over the counter top product called clearsil ultra daily face wash?:rolleyes:

Nothing works for my acne [ 9 Answers ]

Help me! I am going into 7th grade soon and all of the sudden I started to break out! I don't know why. Can anyone help? Nothing is workng:(

Acne. How to get rid of it. What works [ 8 Answers ]

I don't have a lot of it. But I have some on my forehead. It bugs me and I don't know what to do to get rid of it. I want to know what works or how do I get rid of them.

Amazing not even a chemotherapy works on acne (flourouracil) [ 1 Answers ]

I was prescribed Carac (flourourcil) .05% for 2 weeks. Yes I understand Carac is not prescribed for acne, However during it's use acne did not have a chance. I purposely ate and drank everything I thought to aggrevate my skin conditions including Sebero.. Dermatitis, Actinic Keratosis, and of...

Roche - Roaccutane, It's the last resort for acne!I swear it really works [ 1 Answers ]

hi guys, I had those big pimples all over my face before as in OH-NO! As in I could'nt go out anymore because of the shame I experienced back then... I needed to have a good reputation for others, I had to prove them that I am beautiful and confident because I was crowned in this beauty...

View more questions Search