Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gttjr1950 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2009, 07:59 AM
    Sex hurts
    My wife, who is only 56, experienced early menopause, some time ago. Now she complains, sex hurts. The way she acts, you might think I shoved a hot poker in her. I haven’t been with her, now for over a year. Imaging how I’m feeling. I believe, if you don’t use it, you loose it. And she won’t go see the doctor, to address the problem, or talk to me about it. How can I get her to do something to fix the problem?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2009, 08:31 AM

Menopause can greatly affect a woman's body; it's possible that she's extremely dry and that it does cause her a great deal of pain. Have you tried lubricants?
    MrEasy Posts: 112, Reputation: 17

Jan 26, 2009, 05:08 PM
    I would suggest buying a book by Suzanne Somers titled "The Sexy Years". This is well written and very informative about menopause symptoms and problems. The book explains how bio-identical hormone treatment can reverse the effects of menopause and restore not only sex drive and response, but also energy, clear mind and stop some of the physical effects of aging. If you buy and it's in the house, hopefully, she will read it and understand that what she is going through is normal but it doesn't have to be that way.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 26, 2009, 05:20 PM

She needs to see her doctor. End of story.

She could have something MUCH more serious going on than just painful sex and menopause--and she needs to find out for sure.

I would like to point out, too, that the attitude of how YOU feel after a year of no sex doesn't make me sympathetic to you. Think of how SHE feels knowing that she's no longer young (since in a way, that's what menopause points out), no longer able to have children (which is a loss, even if you don't WANT any more), and has hormones messing with everythign from her body temperature (hot flashes) to her emotions (mood swings).

So... try some sympathy. Try some concern for her. Try to get her to her doctor so that she can find out whether she has a serious medical problem.

Contemplate getting into her HEAD instead of getting into her PANTS.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What do I do it hurts to bad? [ 5 Answers ]

Well this is me again, I picked up when he called me this weekend and we just started to get angry with each other. He has his stuff at my house still and I took Monday off work and cleaned out the garage and came across of his stuff. So I had no idea on what to do with them so I text him and...

My dog leg hurts. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, our dog Dixie just started to not use her back left leg to support her. She uses anything that can support her to keep her upright. It's very heart breaking to see her like this. She is part Chow & Border Collie. She is a old dog, had her for 10 years. She got hit by a hit-and-run driver about...

It just hurts so much. [ 7 Answers ]

I don't even know if this is where I should be posting this but I would just like some advice and answers I me this girl while I was in 5th grade and well we became good friends and I thought about asking her out so many times but I didn't have the courage and she ended up dateing someone else for...

Hurts when he puts it in, fine during, hurts when he cums in me. [ 4 Answers ]

I don't know what it is. I went for a pap and I had a bacterial infection and I started taking this medication and afterwards, sex just isn't the same. I mean its so painful. Ive been with this guy for more than a year and we never used a condom but I don't think that has anything to do wit my...

Hurts after Sex [ 7 Answers ]

For some reason after I have sex with my other half it tends to hurt when I pee and sting:eek: and It just makes me so mad that it makes me not want to have sex anymore and before tonight we haven't had sex in like a month and we live together so you know that's bad but it hurts afterwards and I...

View more questions Search