Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drPrimetime Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2008, 01:57 PM
    The ex contacted me leaving warning signs
    My girls ex contacted me and told me that he was seeing her when I wasn't around and that they had some form of intimacy with each other. I don't believe him because she tells me everything about him and that they broke it off before she met me. I'm 25 and her ex is also. She just turn 23 and they say that you have to be careful from girls that are 18-22. I love her as our relationship is 4 months in. She knows that I give a lot to this relationship then she does but I don't have a problem with it at all. I have to admit he contacted me with a good point saying that if he's been gone (out of the picture), then how does he know that I wasn't with her that day when they apparently met up. I'm assuming that this guy is just obsessed with her and can't let her go thus playing with my head. I saw him once outside of her house and dropping something off which raised my brows. She told be it was an old gift. Ever since I've been making our relationship public to verify our bond. I know I didn't give her time to recover off the last relationship but she was fine with it. Should I be concerned of her ex still being around?
    Distantlove Posts: 122, Reputation: 13

Jul 1, 2008, 02:03 PM
    Sorry, I didn't quite pick it out, what's the question you want to ask? :)
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 1, 2008, 02:48 PM
    Ignore him. "Believe only half of what you see and nothing that you hear." --Dinah Mulock Craik
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 1, 2008, 03:27 PM
    Should I be concerned of her ex still being around?
    I wouldn't trust him at all, and after 4 months, unless I had a reason I would trust her as far as she let me. In other words she is still a stranger still proving herself to be honest.

She knows that I give a lot to this relationship then she does but I don't have a problem with it at all.
    RED FLAG!! You must need a g/f badly, because its not a good sign when partners don't share the work in a relationship.

I know I didn't give her time to recover off the last relationship but she was fine with it.
    RED FLAG! I guess she is just dandy with it as a rebound, its just what she needs, and your doing all the work too!!??

Should I be concerned of her ex still being around?
    RED FLAG!!! Dude you have 3 red flags, what do you think?????

Hint, they may still have unfinished business together. A good reason (given the red flags staring at you) to stay alert, and keep your heart in a very safe place. Don't let her use you to make him jealous. EYES WIDE OPEN!!!!!
    Distantlove Posts: 122, Reputation: 13

Jul 2, 2008, 01:19 AM
    Oops, I missed that question at the end, was quite tired sorry. But I have to agree with Tal on this one. There seem to be a few big flaws in this relationship. Take a think about the red flags..
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2008, 01:52 AM
    My question is, how did he get your number in the first place?

Also, why do you feel that making your relationship proves you have a bond? All because your are seen in public together means nothing at all. Having a bond with someone's means: You can talk to and confide in each other about anything.
    • Your partner is there for you when you need to talk to someone.
    • Being able to always rely on each other when one is counted on.
    • Having a permanent shoulder to cry on when we need it.
    • Having many things in common.
    • Accepting one another for who we are.
    • Listening to and considering all opinions important.

When you with someone you can be blinded to some things and there are some truth in things you hear. At least take in what he told you. Like mention above you should'nt give too much than what the other person is giving you. Keep your ears and eyes open.
    Expert

Jul 2, 2008, 05:10 AM
    To liz's point how are you giving more inthis relationship, than she is?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2008, 05:20 AM
    According to your 6 other posts she dumped you two weeks ago.
    So of course you are giving more to the relationship but how are you asking if you should trust her if she dumped you? How are you questioning if the ex is lying if she dumped you? Was it for him?

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ay-225649.html

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ty-226508.html

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ue-232818.html
    Expert

Jul 2, 2008, 06:47 AM
    If this is the same female, I have been telling you to move on, and after 6 posts, and getting the same advice, I would have to say its on you now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ex contacted me after one month no contact why [ 7 Answers ]

Hey all, Ill try to put this in a nutshell, a little more than a month ago, my boyfriend broke up with me, during a very stressful busy time at uni when I had exams. I had no idea it was coming, the last week he spent so much time with me, he even went shopping with me which he normally...

My Ex contacted me [ 9 Answers ]

My Story: I'm 21 my ex was 18 I dated this girl for about one and a half years, and then all of a sudden she wanted a break, I took it like it was a break up but she messaged me saying she still loved me it was only to help her think and find herself again (she has always had problems with...

Ex contacted me after 3 months.WHY! [ 6 Answers ]

My ex broke up with me last July and hooked up with someone shortly thereafter. September was when I last spoke to her we both said some pretty hurtful things and she called and said she never wanted to hear from me again. So that’s what happened I did not contact her at all. Today she emails me...

Contacted by collections company [ 2 Answers ]

was contacted by collections company -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- What is the name of your state? IN My wife and I are in serious financial difficulty over efforts to start a company several years ago. As a result, we have significant...

My ex contacted me after 2 months... [ 8 Answers ]

Hey everyone I have not posted in a couple of months- I posted one when me and him first broke up, one when we tried a break and one when it was over and one on dating new guys. Anyhow, its been a while. Me and my ex were together for 2 years and he was my first true love and I have been having...

View more questions Search