Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Relationships (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=277)
-   -   I cheated on my boyfriend with my best friend! (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=270098)

• Oct 20, 2008, 08:31 AM
    kctiger

Seems to me like most on this thread are being hard on this girl not for the choices she has made but the way she has treated those choices. People on here care more for the guy that now will have his heart broken because we all are/have dealing with a broken heart and I for one do not wish that type of pain on anyone! I have NEVER cheated and NEVER will cheat on anyone. No one... NO ONE deserves to have their heart broken and the way this young lady seems to be handling it only makes the situation worse. Mistakes happen and often times the people who get hurt (the victims) end up being hurt the most. Life sometimes isn't fair.
  • Oct 20, 2008, 09:10 AM
    slapshot_oi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kitten420 View Post
    I agree we shouldnt be on here making ppl feel like low lifes.....Even though everyone will have there opinion which I did. I kno if I came on this site asking for help and everyone was yelling at me I would be a little upset and I wouldnt rly feel like anyone was helping me. Even tho I agree that cheating is wrong and I do feel like she shouldnt have dont what she did bc of her best friend being jealous. I do have a right to make my own opinion tho. But in the end if you think about it. This website is called the ask me help desk. So why are we making this girl feel worse maybe we shld all be helping her!! Even tho most of us agree she is in the wrong. I think that she should just make the desision and tell him the truth and she most likely needs to decide if she wants her best friend or boyfriend more. and seems to me she wants her bf soooo she needs to drop the best friend. Then tell her bf everything. Hopefully he forgives her and if he does then she better prepare for her boyfriend t put her through hell!!

I assume the rant that started with SimpleguyJoe was directed towards me.

My intention was to tell her what she needed to hear not what she wants to hear. Some people on here may want to be supportive and tell her stuff that just ain't true like "he'll get back together with you and you two will live happily ever after". In truth, he might take her back, but it's for certain that the relationship will never be right again, so the best option would be a break up and perhaps they may get back together a while down the road, after they both have healed.
  • Oct 20, 2008, 09:26 AM
    plonak

Let this serve as an example to those who are tempted with cheating.. it's simple -it's just not worth it..

I've had my temptations with my best friend, but honestly this post has helped me and I know now for sure that I will never do it to my boyfriend, or any other boyfriend.. thanks to the OP
  • Oct 25, 2008, 04:21 AM
    Chery
    Quote:

Originally Posted by plonak View Post
    Let this serve as an example to those who are tempted with cheating.. it's simple -it's just not worth it..

I've had my temptations with my best friend, but honestly this post has helped me and I know now for sure that I will never do it to my boyfriend, or any other boyfriend.. thanks to the OP

There's this thing about humans and temptation.. goes way back.
    Some of us live it out and regret it. Some of us ignore it and regret it (admit it please.. we are after all only human).
    Then when there is a time when the mistake has been made and we realize it, we accept it and go from there, hoping that not all will be lost.

I do not believe in cheating either, but I don't judge here - that's not my right or intention.

NO relationship has guarantees but we can all learn from them and try to go on as best as we can.

If there were no mistakes made in relationships, we would not even need this Subject in our Family and People category on this wonderful forum that gets visited from around the world.

So... let's keep in mind that we too could be in 'those shoes' at some point in our lives or could have been in our past... That's the HUMAN factor!

Let's keep our cool and communicate by sharing our opinions, but still stay caring human beings.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_11_2.gif
  • Oct 26, 2008, 07:39 PM
    TrueFaith

How dare you nalla.

I am allowed my own opinions here.
    We all are.
    You do not make the rules here

Make sure you read them first child, before you post rep or coment.
  • Oct 26, 2008, 11:04 PM
    Chery
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith View Post
    How dare you nalla.

i am allowed my own opinions here.
    we all are.
    you do not make the rules here

make sure you read them first child, before you post rep or coment.

In post 13, you used some really harsh words that I didn't agree with either, and WE are allowed our opinions. Nalla just expressed her's.
    I don't think you'd like it if someone called you a 'cow' either, dear.
    Sometimes, it's better if we leave our emotions out of it when we post.
    Sorry you took it so personal.

• Oct 26, 2008, 11:42 PM
    CageWalk
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith View Post
    How dare you nalla.

i am allowed my own opinions here.
    we all are.
    you do not make the rules here

make sure you read them first child, before you post rep or coment.

I tend to agree with truefaith, in that it's not so much what the thread starter did, but it's her attitude after the fact.
  • Oct 27, 2008, 02:02 AM
    Chery
    Personally, I think the thread starter revealed more on an open forum than what anyone else would. She was truthful and said she did feel terrible. She admitted that she did wrong and just wanted some advice. How WE interpret it is another thing.

I don't think anyone wants to come on here and get yelled at by a stranger who took this too personal through his/her own experiences.

If I feel offended by a poster's question, I go to another thread and let others handle it instead of lashing out. That's a choice we all have.

So, let's get back to the subject or just stay out of this thread and find one where we can be more helpful.

Only my opinion...
  • Aug 12, 2009, 06:49 AM
    LostInLoveAgain

I'm in exactly the same position, but I haven't slept with my friend.
    But I'm meeting up with him tomorrow and I think me might.
    I feel bad for what I'm doing to my boyfriend, but have always kind of been in love with my best friend, who I've known for 13 years. I've been with my boyfriend for almost 2 years, and I know it's love.
    But the thing is, he cheated on me about a month ago.
    I think that's what's making tomorrow easier, because I know even if something happens and my boyfriend finds out, he has no right to judge.