Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Dating (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=374)
-   -   Girl I'm sure I love and her boyfriend broke up, How do I tell her how I feel. (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=280580)

• Nov 13, 2008, 01:42 PM
    yingandyangr1
    Girl I'm sure I love and her boyfriend broke up, How do I tell her how I feel.
    This girl that I have loved for over 3 years just broke up with her boyfriend. How do I tell her how I feel? I feel like it's now or never with her. And she just means more than the world to me and she doesn't even know that. Please help me.
  • Nov 13, 2008, 01:51 PM
    kctiger

First of all, you need to back off for now. I doubt, after a three year relationship, she wants to rush right into things. Just give her time to heal, unless you want to end up a rebound.
  • Nov 13, 2008, 02:02 PM
    yingandyangr1
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kctiger View Post
    First of all, you need to back off for now. I doubt, after a three year relationship, she wants to rush right into things. Just give her time to heal, unless you want to end up a rebound.

She wasn't in a 3 year relationship her relationship was a little over 1. I've loved her for over 3 years.
  • Nov 13, 2008, 02:48 PM
    kctiger

Well, even at that, let her heal for awhile. Be a friend, but not a boyfriend right now... know what I mean?
  • Nov 13, 2008, 02:56 PM
    TrueFaith

Give it time..

You don't want to be a rebound boy.. that never works..

Just be there for.. and give her some space.. and time.
  • Nov 14, 2008, 07:21 PM
    yingandyangr1
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith View Post
    Give it time..

you dont want to be a rebound boy.. that never works..

just be there for.. and give her some space.. and time.

Thanks guys!! =)
  • Nov 14, 2008, 09:45 PM
    xxariesxx
    Yes please do not say anything to her yet. I know you will be tempted, but it will just make things complicated.

I just got out of a 5 year relationship, and a good friend of mine told me almost right away he had feelings for me. I'm all for honesty and everything, but my break up is hard enough without him revealing that to me right now. And besides, the last thing on my mind is jumping into another relationship at this point, so all it did was make things awkward.

So as the above posters said, just be there and be her friend for now.
  • Nov 15, 2008, 08:12 AM
    talaniman

Leave her alone and get a life. Not only will she not be ready for what you want, she may need some time to get over her failed relationship.

That's a good way of being worse than a rebound, but be in the friendzone, with no hope of getting out. Back away bud as what you see as an oppurtunity is not.

Sometimes doing nothing, is the best plan.

How old are you both?
  • Nov 15, 2008, 08:53 AM
    LifeChangesMan
    I would definitely stay away, just keep your eyes and ears open about the whole situation but back off, what's your current relationship with her like? And yeah, you definitely don't want to be a rebound, avoid that at all costs.
  • Nov 15, 2008, 11:28 AM
    yingandyangr1
    Quote:

Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Leave her alone and get a life. Not only will she not be ready for what you want, she may need some time to get over her failed relationship.

Thats a good way of being worse than a rebound, but be in the friendzone, with no hope of getting out. Back away bud as what you see as an oppurtunity is not.

Sometimes doing nothing, is the best plan.

How old are you both??

You how about you get a life.
  • Nov 15, 2008, 11:33 AM
    liz28

Know that even when you do decide to expresss your feelings to her you might not get the response you are looking for.

Also, if you loved her for 3 years and she only been involved wit her ex for a year, how come you never mention anything to her in the past?
  • Nov 15, 2008, 08:06 PM
    yingandyangr1
    Quote:

Originally Posted by liz28 View Post
    Know that even when you do decide to expresss your feelings to her you might not get the response you are looking for.

Also, if you loved her for 3 years and she only been involved wit her ex for a year, how come you never mention anything to her in the past?

It just didn't feel right. But now I feel like taking my chance.