Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Relationships (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=277)
-   -   How do I get the girl I really like when she still loves her ex of 3 years? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=270312)

• Oct 17, 2008, 05:22 AM
    ismaelelnino
    How do I get the girl I really like when she still loves her ex of 3 years?
    I met a girl over the summer. At first, I thought she was really cute and I thought I never had a chance. Then I didn't see her again until the semester started at school. At first we would meet each other in the hall and say Hi here or there. Then I really started to think about her a lot. Later we would start sitting together and hold hands. I admit, I suck at hiding my emotions. We would later start seeing each other every day. Sometimes we even skipped class just to be with each other. I would start going to her house whatever chance I had. We kissed and it got hot and heavy the day after. She told that really liked me but she just needs time to get over her ex of 3 years who cheatred on her multiple times. I could tell that I really liked her because deep in my heart, I knew that I would wait for her, and I still am. Then about a week ago, she said she started thinking. At the time my feelings for her were at a all time high and she told me to put them on pause and wait for her. I had no problem doing that. She told me that she likes me but still loves her ex. For right now, we are friends. Im giving her space and letting her heal while Ill be waiting for her. I really will wait for her and the only thing Im very scared about is that if I wait no matter how long it takes, will she still want me? Should I keep waiting and take the risk?
  • Oct 17, 2008, 05:37 AM
    High Max

I remember in a book I read, that around 90% of rebound relationships fail, and this would fall into that category. If you want to take the risk, it's up to you. I have been in these situations, only to be let down. Personally, I'd recommend finding someone who has been single and is not hung up over anyone, that would be the best alternative. I know how hard it is to just up and try and find someone else though.

Your call.
  • Oct 17, 2008, 08:42 AM
    talaniman

Quote:

She told me to put them on pause and wait for her.
    No way do you wait for a maybe. Get your own life, and leave her to do her own healing, her own way, without any influence, or distraction, from you.

Your plan, though understandable, is not realistic, or healthy, for either of you, and may actually be detrimental to you both, from the standpoint of having false hope, and stagnating your own life, by waiting for her to make a decision, you may not like.
  • Oct 17, 2008, 08:49 AM
    Romefalls19

Nope, don't wait for anyone. You give me one good reason why you should wait around for her and I'll give you 5 for why you shouldn't
  • Oct 17, 2008, 09:22 AM
    High Max

Also, by waiting and saying "Ok, I'll wait for you forever" you are showing that you are available and her puppy, a huge turn off.