Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Recipes (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=512)
-   -   Chocolate recipes (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=58217)

• Jan 28, 2007, 08:23 PM
    bijashah
    Chocolate recipes
    Please suggest good sites for finding chocolate recipes for home/ amateur use. Thanks.
  • Jan 29, 2007, 08:22 AM
    curlybenswife
    Cadbury.co.uk - Recipes

Not much cop if your in the states mind you BUT

HERSHEY'S Kitchens: A sweet collection of chocolate and dessert recipes for baking
  • Jan 30, 2007, 02:46 PM
    RubyPitbull
    Another website that just isn't for chocolate but everything wonderful is:

Epicurious.com: the World's Greatest Recipe Collection
  • Jan 31, 2007, 11:11 AM
    Tuscany
    All recipes – complete resource for recipes and cooking tips
    This is a great all around great site. But it also offers wonderful choclate options

Food Network : Cooking, Recipe Collections, Party Ideas, Quick & Easy Recipes, Cooking Videos
    Yet another great option.

Rachel Ray offers fast fun chocolate desserts on the foodnetwork site
  • Jan 31, 2007, 12:14 PM
    lovelesspa
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bijashah
    please suggest good sites for finding chocolate recipes for home/ amateur use. thanks.

My favorite site if HERSHEY'S Kitchens: A sweet collection of chocolate and dessert recipes for baking, the others I've used with good success is:
    www.chocolaterecipesnow.com
    Chocolate Club's Chocolate Recipes from all Chocolate Types, all three of these sites have great recipes, check them out!:cool:
  • Jan 31, 2007, 12:18 PM
    RubyPitbull
    I am getting hungry reading all these websites. I can just feel my hips expanding without eating anything!

I love chocolate. :(
  • Jan 31, 2007, 12:32 PM
    curlybenswife
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lovelesspa
    My favorite site if HERSHEY'S Kitchens: A sweet collection of chocolate and dessert recipes for baking, the others I've used with good sucess is:
    www.chocolaterecipesnow.com
    Chocolate Club's Chocolate Recipes from all Chocolate Types, all three of these sites have great recipes, check them out!:cool:

Funny that I put the same hershey link up there :p
  • Jan 31, 2007, 01:36 PM
    lovelesspa
    Quote:

Originally Posted by curlybenswife
    Funny that i put the same hershey link up there :p

Chocoholics all think alike!! :cool:
  • Jan 31, 2007, 01:50 PM
    curlybenswife
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lovelesspa
    chocoholics all think alike!!!:cool:

;) yum yum I have to admit though nothing compares to real belgium chocolate slup... drewl... dream:D
  • Jan 31, 2007, 01:55 PM
    RubyPitbull
    AHHHHH. REAL BELGIUM CHOCOLATE!! :p

Hard to get the fresh stuff here in the states. Usually by the time it gets to the shelves here it just isn't the same.:(
  • Jan 31, 2007, 02:15 PM
    curlybenswife
    Blimey guess that's just put my wanting to live there down the drain I don't think I could cope if I couldn't have what I call REAL chocolate tee hee
  • Feb 1, 2007, 05:15 AM
    Tuscany
    Here is an outstanding Chocolate recipe

Chocolate Carmel Toffee Trifle

1 to 2 Chocolate cakes prepared per bpx directions for 9X13 pan. Quantity of cake depends on the size of your trifle dish
    2 packages instant chocolate pudding made per box instructions
    2 container of cool whip topping defrosted
    1 jar of carmel sauce
    1 package of toffee pieces or 3 toffee candy bars broken into small pieces

Let the cake cool then cut into squares. Layer the bottom of your trifle dish with cake, then spoon in 1/4 of the pudding, drizzle with carmel sauce and 1/4 of the toffee pieces, then 1/2 of 1 container of coolwhip. Start the layering again. End the trifle with the coolwhip. I then sprinkle the coolwhip with toffee pieces, or place larger pieces of a toffee bar around for decoration.

A great adult variation... add a small drizzle of Amaretto or coffee flavored laquior to each layer.

I use all dark chocolate (pudding and cake)

When I make this, there is no leftovers!