Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Recipes (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=512)
-   -   Pizza Hut Garlic Bread Recipe (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=81357)

• Apr 11, 2007, 12:04 AM
    iAMfromHuntersBar
    Pizza Hut Garlic Bread Recipe
    Ok, so does anyone know how Pizza Hut make their Garlic Bread so damn tasty?

If anyone could give me a step by step recipe I'd be chuffed to garlicy bits!

Thanks All!

J
  • Apr 11, 2007, 12:24 AM
    moomin007
    I have no idea but I love it too!

Yummy yummy!
  • Apr 11, 2007, 12:24 AM
    Clough
    This is the closest that I could come to a solution.

Bread Sticks - Pizza Hut Style Recipe | Recipezaar
  • Apr 11, 2007, 12:26 AM
    iAMfromHuntersBar
    Oh, and with Cheese on too... oh my God is it so wrong to want Garlic Bread Supreme for breakfast?
  • Apr 11, 2007, 12:30 AM
    moomin007
    ... mmm cheesey!!
    *drools

Yes please!
  • Apr 11, 2007, 12:37 AM
    Clough
    Well then, how about just adding some garlic powder or paste to the recipe? I am getting hungry here!
  • Apr 11, 2007, 12:40 AM
    iAMfromHuntersBar
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Clough
    Well then, how about just adding some garlic powder or paste to the recipe? I am getting hungry here!

Sorry, my comment wasn't too specific!

They are very garlicy breadsticks, just not the garlic bread I was looking for!

Thing is, I cook big pasta meals from scratch and always want good garlic bread to go with it, but the pre-made stuff I buy from the supermarket is... well... cr@p to be honest! :D
  • Apr 11, 2007, 12:43 AM
    curlybenswife
    It actually has a lot to do with the oil spray they use to give it a shine I know here in the uk all there stuff is made at a frozen factory and shipped to there restaurants they most they do in the restaurant themselves is add extras and spray the shine after cooking.
    So you could look in frozen food stores because to be honest your never going to get anything that's even close to them by making it because of the additives in it when made to ensure it lasts.

If its just real good garlic bread you want then buy a loaf of ciabatta I find the ready to bake stuff works wonders and then fill it with your own garlic butter.
  • Apr 11, 2007, 12:46 AM
    iAMfromHuntersBar
    Quote:

Originally Posted by curlybenswife
    It actually has alot to do with the oil spray they use to give it a shine ...

Ah, hell yeah, the 'Magic spray'! I've heard about this stuff, they put it on EVERYTHING don't they! :confused:
  • Apr 11, 2007, 12:47 AM
    curlybenswife
    Yes they do its actually just pressurised oil to be honest
  • Apr 11, 2007, 01:20 AM
    moomin007
    All I know is, it tastes SCRUMPTIOUS!!

CBW, do you think the monkeys girls would like garlic bread too?
    Lets dance!
  • Apr 11, 2007, 01:21 AM
    Clough
    Wow! Amazing how many responses this post concerning a recipe has generated already! Oh, well. We all like to eat!
  • Apr 11, 2007, 01:23 AM
    moomin007
    Oh yeah!

Feed me baby!

Yum yum
  • Apr 11, 2007, 02:05 AM
    curlybenswife
    LOL Moo if we get bbq dip with the garlic bread I'm just sure us monkey girls would love it and throw in a few margaritas and we will be away ;)
  • Apr 11, 2007, 02:16 AM
    iAMfromHuntersBar
    Nah, sour cream and chive is the business! I'd dip ANYTHING in that stuff! :p ;)
  • Apr 11, 2007, 02:18 AM
    curlybenswife
    Ok if your going to get picky id rather have sweet chili lol
  • Apr 11, 2007, 02:25 AM
    iAMfromHuntersBar
    Ok, if you're throwing that into the mixer, it's got to be said that the sauces that Dominos give you with delivery pizza are pretty tasty too, especially the garlic dip!

Oh why isn't it lunchtime yet?
  • Apr 11, 2007, 02:29 AM
    curlybenswife
    Giggle I'm just thinking exactly the same thing oh the hunger giggle think ill go hit the weetabix and dream of pizza instead its chili for us tonight :D
  • Apr 11, 2007, 02:30 AM
    moomin007
    WOO HOO!

Dance the crazy monkey dance everyone!
    Kool aid all round... my shout on the potato wedges!

Yee ha
  • Apr 11, 2007, 02:44 AM
    curlybenswife
    Now I'm wanting a Texas bbq pizza from dominos slurp