Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Body Art (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Ear cartilage piercing (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=371205)

• Jul 2, 2009, 12:19 AM
    foxyb83
    Ear cartilage piercing
    I got my cartilage pierced 4 days ago. The stud they used always tangled my hair and caused incredible pain. My brother convinced me to put a hoop in instead. After an hour of prying off the stud and inserting the hoop it seemed to feel a bit better. All day today I have been miserable! I can't even graze my ear without wanting to scream. I know it's not infected but I'm not sure if I can stick the pain out. I have tried lidocaine to numb it and heat and ice. Even taping a peroxide soaked cottonball to my ear over night! When will the pain subside? Is there something else I can do to relieve the pain or should I just take it out??
  • Jul 2, 2009, 04:25 AM
    ZoeMarie

Cartilage Piercing

Try not to touch it so much. Just clean it once a day. It takes a while to heal and the more you mess with it the more irritated it's going to be.
  • Aug 19, 2010, 12:46 PM
    CaliGurl777

Where did you get yours done? Try some tyloneol, and rub sea salt on it.. Try not to change or mess with the type of your earing anymore. Don't change your earing till 6 months afterward
  • Dec 25, 2010, 01:02 AM
    ktbeth605
    I was told I couldn't put a hoop in my cartilage piercing until a full year had gone by for the fact it would stretch the hole and tear it if it is not healed. The current hoop you have in may be the cause for the incredible pain that you're experiencing. Try replacing the hoop with the earring that they had pierced your ear with. That stud is meant to be a tad bit larger than others so that when you do take out the earring it will have room to close a bit. So it will hurt. The pain of the earring subsided at about 2-4 weeks. Whenever I sleep on the earring it hurt pretty bad for about 2 months. Every now and then I'm still in pain at 7 months. Take some pain relievers and try not to sleep on it. Fun fact: Get a super soft pillow and sleep on that. It won't hurt near as bad. Just don't mess with it and in a few weeks it shouldn't hurt anymore. Hope this helps. :)
  • Jan 24, 2011, 02:25 PM
    Julez2000
    Give it some time and if it doesn't heal go and see a doctor or the place u got it pierced at and they will be able to help u :) x
  • Oct 23, 2011, 10:56 PM
    ajr101792
    Peroxide was a bad idea because it will cause your hole to close that's what peroxide does it heals wounds together faster and it is super bad for piercings.
  • Oct 30, 2011, 03:32 PM
    amanda12345678
    Well where did you get it done at? That will have a big big part on why its hurting. I'm not sure why it would hurt if you got it done at a tattoo place but if you got it at claires or somewhere with a gun that's the reason, the gun couldn't of been staralized, and also it could shatter your cartilage, and move the cartilage.