Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Mental & Emotional Health (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   Wellbutrin and how much to stop crying (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=343043)

• Apr 18, 2009, 09:10 AM
    Ladyatthelake
    Wellbutrin and how much to stop crying
    I went off effexor and taking 2 tablets a day of Wellbutrin generic but still am crying and not eating. I will go to the Dr. but don't know what to ask him as my mind jumps around all the time. Any help would be appreciated
  • Apr 18, 2009, 02:12 PM
    lighterrr

Maybe you need to try another medication?
  • Apr 18, 2009, 02:30 PM
    Justwantfair

What did your doctor tell you to do when transitioning between Effexor and Wellbutrin.

You should be taken Wellbutrin as prescribed, you can and should not increase the dosage on your own.

This is a drug that your body is not familiar with. We can not tell you the appropriate dosage only your physician can.
  • Apr 18, 2009, 06:38 PM
    Ladyatthelake

I got off Effexor quite a while ago and will make an appt. The Wellbutrin I've been taking for quite awhile but just wondered if I get down should I take one more.. guess I'll make an appt. Just thought if someone had an opinion I could wait.. I work and my husband is going through some physical problems.
  • Apr 18, 2009, 07:02 PM
    KBC
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladyatthelake View Post
    I got off Effexor quite a while ago and will make an appt. The Wellbutrin I've been taking for quite awhile but just wondered if I get down should I take one more..guess I'll make an appt. Just thought if someone had an opinion I could wait ..I work and my husband is going through some physical problems.

I was on welbutrin with nasty side effects, I went manic(side effects are like shaking and racing thoughts,disrupted sleep and loss of interest in daily routine)I would say the docs need to possibly put you on some other medication especially if these side effects are like you are having.

Today I am on NO antidepressant at all, think hard and try to find the right wording to express what you are feeling to the med docs.
  • Apr 18, 2009, 07:16 PM
    Justwantfair

I have had very negative side effects also with Wellbutrin while taking to try to quit smoking.

You should never increase your dosage without first speaking to your physician. Wellbutrin is one that has especially negative side effects.

Just wait and speak with your doctor.

Good luck to you.
  • Apr 18, 2009, 08:08 PM
    lmor1234

I cried a lot and the doctor has me on Wellbutrin and Lexapro. It seems to be doing the trick. Good luck!
  • Apr 18, 2009, 08:20 PM
    J_9
    Wellbutrin was a nightmare for me as well. You may want to check with your doc to see if there is anything better for you.
  • Apr 18, 2009, 08:49 PM
    lighterrr

Doc gave me amitricycline and it worked well for me so that's all I have ever used
  • Apr 20, 2009, 10:24 AM
    KBC
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lighterrr View Post
    doc gave me amitricycline and it worked well for me so thats all i have ever used

That sounds like a generic name, what is the over the counter name for it?
  • Apr 20, 2009, 10:28 AM
    KBC

Ladyatthelake how are things today,I know day to day it can get a little hairy and I would like to hear from you if you would like to keep us all updated,I for one, would be interested.
  • Apr 20, 2009, 10:31 AM
    artlady

Quote:

Call your doctor at once if you have any new or worsening symptoms such as: mood or behavior changes, anxiety, panic attacks, trouble sleeping, or if you feel impulsive, irritable, agitated, hostile, aggressive, restless, hyperactive (mentally or physically), more depressed, or have thoughts about suicide or hurting yourself. Avoid drinking alcohol, which can increase some of the side effects of Effexor. It may take 4 weeks or more for your symptoms to improve. For best results, keep using the medication as directed. Do not stop using Effexor without first talking to your doctor. You may have unpleasant side effects if you stop taking this medication suddenly.

Effexor Information from Drugs.com